“Simply great”
Review of Royal Yacht Hotel

Royal Yacht Hotel
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I came here but my husband for a long weekend over the bank holiday and it did not disappoint. We had a platinum room over looking the sea. The room was spacious and clean with a very soft bed. I was worried about the night club but we did not get disturbed whatsoever. The food is top notch. The city is lovely and even the rain did not dampen our mood.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,300)

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Ordered two meals. One risotto, one burger. The burger was raw on the inside. I reported this, and both the waitress and manager agreed. My wife was offered a free dessert. This was politely declined.
As a "gesture", a measly 30% was taken off the price of the burger -£4.05 to be exact.
My wife was not wanting me to complain further and not cause a scene. Ruined what was to be a celebration. Won't be back as a result.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank joebhoy_1
LFarnham, Director at Royal Yacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Thank you for your review. The Royal Yacht Burger is one of Cafe Zephyr's most popular dishes and all burgers are served medium unless otherwise specified. Unfortunately the staff did not realise your wife would have preferred her burger to be cooked a little more until the plates were collected at the end of the meal. They would have been pleased to exchange the dish had they been aware of the situation beforehand. The offer of a discount was made simply as a gesture of goodwill and deemed appropriate by the restaurant manager after receiving your comments and given that the majority of the food had been consumed.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed on the 5th floor and the room was really excellent. Lovely large balcony and lots of thoughtful touches. Great bathroom with gorgeous thick fluffy towels and bath robes. Cleaned very well every day, although the cleaners might note that shower seals need attention as they are discoloured. The reception staff , Rihanne especially was wonderful and so helpful and the chap on our last day who arranged for us to have a breakfast in our room as we did not realise it was not open until 8 on Saturday . Breakfast was fantastic, even had hot milk with coffee without having to ask. We ate at the grill which was very good and had a couple of drinks at the posh bar. The lifts were faultless and the Spa was beautifully designed. Sadly the steam room was closed but a notice was there to tell us, so it was not a problem.
Perfect location, easy access to everything.
A top quality hotel and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had room 511 overlooking the Jersey museum. Quieter than the front of the hotel and good views ov...
1  Thank LadyRohan
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is fantastic, great food from zephyr and great staff!! I go pretty much everyday for lunch during the week with colleagues from work. It's a great shame that on a Friday and Saturday night all of the hard work by the rest of the hotel staff, making it such a delight that it is, is ruined by the bad treatment of guests wishing to go for a couple of drinks. Countless numbers of times I find myself queuing on a Saturday night only to watch bouncers let in their friends who don't queue. Recently the dress code was changed to a more formal dress code, which i found out when I was turned away due to wearing white shoes which is fine I don't mind but it's frustrating when looking over into the smoking area and seeing others wearing white trainers! I even pointed it out to a bouncer who rudely grunted us away. A few years ago I remember this club being packed on a Friday and Saturday night, now it's half empty every weekend, I am sure the lack of consistency of the bouncers is a major factor along with their rudeness and abusing their power! The interior has now been changed for the second time in recent years maybe as an attempt to a quick fix but maybe looking into these kind of issues could be a good start in bringing back popularity!! Sort it out guys please

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jsycritic
LFarnham, Director at Royal Yacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Thank you for your review and very positive points about the hotel in general.

The recent refurbishment and subsequent re-launch of The Drift has changed the style of the establishment and the whole concept is now aimed at providing a more refined night-club experience. We do apologise if your recent visit did not live up to expectation but we think if you were to visit us again you will have a completely different and more positive experience.

The Royal Yacht want all to enjoy visiting us and will continue to work hard to deliver that aim.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this lovely Hotel whilst visiting Jersey for the first time on business.
Firstly i would like to say im 100% coming back to the island for pleasure as its beautiful.
Going back to the hotel.... a very warm welcome from all staff from start to finish.
I stayed on the 5th floor (top floor)
The room was very spaciouse with a nice powerful shower (a must in my eyes)
In the evening myself and work colleague had dinner at the grill restaurant, it had a lovely atmosphere with GREAT FOOD, i had the Tbone and it was FANTASTIC.
I also used the gym on my stay, the facilities are very upto date with a wide range of weights with running, rowing and cross training machines and a good floor space for core excersises etc.
Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Trowe135
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were here for Saturday night dinner. The Check in and Concierge team were very helpful.
Our room had nice thoughtful touches like a nightlight in the bathroom to stop you waking your partner.
The Spa area is excellent and a drink in the bar facing the square is not to missed when the sun is shining.
We were at a dinner in the Sirocco restaurant the food was excellent and the superior service made this a night to remember. Breakfast the following morning was everything you could ask for and although a buffet service the waitress insisted that she was going to refill my glass of orange juice. You pay for quality but it is delivered in spades.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the new building Rooms on the Mulcaster street side are subject to some sound from...
1  Thank Gortinboy
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed 6 days. Reception organised hire car and car parking. Food in all 3 restaurants was excellent with service in the Zephyr Bar being the most outstanding.Balcony suite overlooking Liberation Square for the celebrations. Room clean and well serviced.

Room Tip: 4th Floor front. Views over Marina and main square
1  Thank Kagee6