“Really Pleasant Weekend Break”
Review of Royal Yacht Hotel

Royal Yacht Hotel
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Booked a weekend stay under one of the hotels specials which included use of the spa and evening meal in the Sirocco restaurant on the first night of our stay. The meal was excellent and I strongly recommend you give it at least one visit on your stay.
Breakfast each morning was really good and set you up for the day with plenty of choice and pleasant staff.
Overall would have no hesitation in returning next time we are in Jersey.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend in March. The hotel staff were exceptionally welcoming and could not do enough for us. Reception staff the friendliest I have seen in a long time, the concierge was great and the waiting staff in the restaurants were just great.

We had a room on the 2nd floor, looking over the courtyard at the side - the balcony area was just HUGE!

Breakfast (which was included in our B & B rate) was great - huge selection and lots of it.

We had dinner on the Friday night in the Steakhouse restaurant, and had some of the best steak we have eaten in a long while. Would definitely recommend eating here to anyone, although it does get busy, so try and book ahead.

We had afternoon tea on one of the days we stayed, and again,it was great.

The hotel room was nice and spacious, great bathroom with seperate shower cubicle with an option of a regular shower head or a rain shower from the ceiling. Service to the room was great - including turn down service each night.

I wouldn't hesitate to come back here again and stay.

The island itself was a little on the quiet side as it was out of season (mid March), and I guess as such the hotel was maybe quiet too, so I'd like to think that the great service and high standards still remain if I choose to visit in the summer season.

I hope to be back again here soon!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at the Royal Yacht for 3 nights(which just wasn't long enough!) Arrived in horrendous weather and had decided against car hire instead caught the no 15 bus waiting right outside the airport for £1.80 each.
On arrival at hotel(3 minute walk from bus station) we were greeted by cheerful friendly young lady on reception who quickly and efficiently gave us all info needed for our stay.
Our room (304) was super with a large furnished balcony overlooking the marina and square which had the weather been kinder we would have spent time just relaxing and people watching! We ate at the hotel in both cafe Zephr and Scirocco and couldn't fault the food or service in either in fact in Scirocco the restaurant manager allowed me to make my own meal up from a combination of things off the menu(I am vegetarian and very fussy!) and the desserts are to die for!
Now the Spa! Fortunately I had pre booked treatments for myself(the Me me me) and hubby thoroughly enjoyed an Indian head massage as I don't think we would have got appointments on arrival. All facilities were spotlessly clean and although we'll used never felt over crowded,in fact I had the pool to myself for 30 mins whilst hubby was at the gym. If you stay at this hotel do use the Spa as it is one of the best I have tried.
I must give a mention to the staff as they were ALL friendly and professional without being over bearing and intrusive(just how we like it)
We will defiantly return to explore this lovely island further maybe in the summer and would without doubt book into the Royal Yacht again.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room if funds allow!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After staying at the royal yacht in 2010 where had such a great time we thought it only right to visit again for a 2nd time. Neither me or my wife were disappointed...in fact we enjoyed it even more than our first time. ALL the staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was just the best. We had lunch every day at cafe Zephyr which was good and on our last day we decided to push the boat out and eat in Scirroco which was sublime. I really can't fault it and we will be back again soon.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mark5116
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Visited this hotel mid week and it has a great location in St Helier.

Had a terrifice harbour/mariana view room. Bathroom had tv and walk in shower.

Room spotless. Staff very pleasant. Breakfast very good.

Did not visit the spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank LancsTraveller186460
Reviewed March 5, 2014

What more can I say, the title says it all.

I only stayed for 1 night. Room was cold and despite contacting reception to get the heating turned up, all I got from the noisy heater/conditioner unit was cold air. I spent the evening sat in my coat in the room.

When I went to bed all I could hear was noise from outside on the street, from the hotels own terrace on the ground and the roof terrace. The noise sounded like it was coming from everywhere. When I mentioned this to the taxi driver and the client they said it is very noisy and there are a few bars/clubs that get very busy and noisy.

On a lesser point - The room had sloping walls (It was at the top of the hotel) which was fine until you tried to get in the shower. I didn't bang my head, there was plenty of head room, but my shoulder was against the wall and I would bang my elbow washing, unless I contorted myself in the shower. (I am a slim 6ft 1, so not excessively big/tall).

On the plus side all the staff were incredibly friendly, the hotel looks all new and shiny and the breakfast was great.

I would stay somewhere else next time though as warmth, quiet and a good nights sleep are BASIC requirements for a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Paul H
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just had a two night break in Jersey staying here. Could not find fault in anything during the stay.
Arriving mid morning on Friday we checked in. The staff were apologetic that we could not be given a room straight away and this was not a problem for us as we were not expecting to get a room until the afternoon. Reception promised to give me a call on my mobile as and when the room was available which they did just after 1pm.

We were on the 4th floor (406) which gave us a great view across the harbour from the balcony. The room was excellent, big double bed, large sofa, loads of space, great bathroom with TV over the bath as well for that touch of decadence, separate shower with rain forest shower head as well as standard head. Definite thumbs up for the excellent quality of the towels. No noise problem from the passing traffic outside either - good double glazing took care of that.

The Spa area provided everything you could ask for to unwind in, nice pool, sauna, steam and relaxation room, aromatherapy shower, jacuzzi etc.

There are a number of bars and eating areas in the hotel although we only took breakfast whilst there. Breakfast was excellent with everything from the full English and continental breakfast being available right down to a 3 egg freshly cooked omelette if so desired. Attentive staff and good service made the whole visit worthwhile.

As the hotel is so conveniently placed to the the centre of St Helier getting about was easy. We had decided against hiring a car which was not problem because there is a great bus service for the whole of the island and the bus station is literally 300 metres from the hotel.. We went to Gorey on the Saturday morning and visited the Castle which was well worth the entrance fee for the views alone.

Lots of nearby restaurants if you fancied venturing out - Merchant House Brasserie is right next to the hotel - excellent. (See separate review).

The Royal Yacht is definitely worth the money and would be my first choice when visiting the island again. I have no hesitation in recommending it to fellow travellers.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra to upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple