“Great first time break to Jersey”
Review of Royal Yacht Hotel

Royal Yacht Hotel
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Booked the Royal Yacht after seeing Reviews and was not disappointed. Gold Room with Balcony, midweek, no noise.... First Class staff from Reception to Restaurant to Room Service. Great meals in Sirocco, ideally placed for transport and shops.
Thank You. We will definitely return

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pnefanPreston
There are newer reviews for Royal Yacht Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Just back from a three night break in this superb hotel. This was my fourth wonderful stay in the hotel and would reccomend it to anyone visiting Jersey. It is ideally located for shopping and touring with easy access to taxi's and buses and a stone's throw from the boats to Guernsey.
Our room with balcony overlooking the museum was spacious and relaxing with extra touches provided, the turn down service and chocolate and the fluffy bath robes.
Noise was not a problem, even relaxing on the balcony at night and we had very restful nights sleep.
The staff in the hotel are excellent, very professional and extremely friendly. Nothing is a problem for them, very helpful in suggesting places to go, where to eat outside the hotel and assisting in any way they can.
Food in the hotel is excellent. Steaks in the Grill sublime and food in Sirocco is superb. We had lunch in Zephyr and unlike a previous review, found the staff there very pleasant and again the food was excellent.
My favourite part of this hotel is the Spa Serene, just total "chill out" especially the relaxation room with heated marble beds, heavenly!
As this was my fourth visit to the island and having viewed "the sights" previously, I was quite happy to spend my days at the hotel inbetween some "retail therapy" and to basically enjoy all this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank BB-Kildare
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My partner and I have just stayed at The Royal Yacht in Jersey. The hotel itself is well positioned in St Helier and on the surface the facilities seem very nice.

When we checked in the reception staff were very pleasant and we were happy with our room. The stay would have been great were it not for the fact that our room was above the hotels nightclub and all we could hear until 2am was thumping music from downstairs. I have to say I did not expect to be staying in a four star hotel in one of their Gold rated rooms having to listen to this racket throughout the night.

Unfortunately due to this experience I would not recommend staying here on a Friday or Saturday evening unless you are planning to be out clubbing until 2am and I certainly will not be staying here again. The stay ruined the next day for me as I was exhausted from no sleep and just wanted to return home.

The breakfast was also very average.

Room Tip: Ask to not be put directly above the nightclub
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Grinch025
ljtintin, Director at Royal Yacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for your review. We were particularly pleased to receive your positive comments in relation to the hotel itself but disappointed to learn that you found your room too noisy later in the evening. The hotel itself is acoustically designed and fully double glazed to minimize noise from inside and outside the building and we do our very best to minimise sound levels, especially at weekends. We take on board your comments and will continue to strive to ensure that our guests enjoyment and comfort is not compromised.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Really good independent hotel. We stayed in a room with a great balcony looking over the square. The room was lovely, a lot of thought had gone into the design of the room and it have great little touches like good standard furniture for outside use.

The location is great and easy to walk to anywhere in St Helier and as the hotel doesn't have a car park, it's close to the main public transport hub.

The only tiny things wrong with the room was the sound proofing, nearby is a "fun" pub, we were only bothered by the noise for one night, though it was so loud you could hear everything the DJ said and the music sounded like it was comming from inside the hotel (for a moment we wondered if our room was above a function room). Also they may want to think about their internet provider, sadly really poor on wifi, slightly better when we used a lead.

If we visit Jersey again we stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Dribbs
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and i came here on recommendation from my son. Being a little short of cash we booked the cheapest deal we could. This meant be given a silver room, which i recently learnt meant being in a smaller room. This was not an issue as the fixtures and fittings, quality and bathroom were of a high standard. However, we did ask reception what was the difference with other rooms that cost more. The lady receptionist (also a fellow Brummie) was so welcoming and took us to see a room of the next tier up, she explained how the tiers worked and and the difference in cost that it involved, which wasnt as much as i thought. Breakfast was fantastic (as much as you can eat), The Spa is to die for, i unfortunately forgot my costume but next time i will pack it 1st! Our bed was so comfy too.... the Royal Yacht we will be back....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank petalcatkins
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in a platinum room. As it was mid week it was not too noisy. The service was as excellent as always and the staff remembered me from a business trip the month before. They really are a credit to the hotel. For my 50th next year I would love to stay in one of the penthouse suites. If you are thinking of a hotel in St Helier look no further.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank Inquirygirl
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have just returned from a long weekend and on the whole it was a very enjoyable stay with most of the staff being of a high standard. There are 3 places to eat, Scirrocco, situated on the first floor with an extensive menu and courteous staff. The Grill is situated through the back and serves the best fillet steak I've ever tasted. The staff are efficient and friendly. Unfortunately the Zephyr bar lets it down, the staff are rude and sullen, it almost feels like it doesn't belong to the Royal Yacht. You also have to be careful which room you have as I was situated on the 2nd floor and the noise from a party on the 1st floor continued until 2.00am, not ideal when you are working the next morning. Fortunately the following night was much quieter and I had an excellent sleep in a very comfortable bed. There is a spa with a swimming pool for 16+. I would recommend this hotel for couples or even a celebration as they have some lovely rooms suitable for functions.and several outdoor spaces .

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
#5 of 32 in St. Helier
Longueville Manor
Longueville Manor
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour

Been to Royal Yacht Hotel? Share your experiences!