1,890 results
All reviews champagne bar elizabeth castle park view victoria restaurant tassili restaurant sea view five star hotel small balcony lovely hotel sea front relaxation room steam room first class main restaurant nothing is too much trouble main road short break
Reviewed October 7, 2017

The hotel is very well situated and the rooms what you would expect. The staff overall is friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately the restaurants cannot cope even when only half full. You wait for ages for your food and the quality is not satisfying. Rather visit the many restaurants in town.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank mpu8
Talana W, Deputy General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments for others to review on this site.

I’m so pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Grand Jersey and found the hotel well situated. The team are so focussed upon ensuring that our guests have the best possible experience so I’m delighted that you found everyone friendly and very helpful.

I appreciate you highlighting your dining experience in the restaurant, feedback such as this is very important and I have already taken the time to address this with our Restaurant Manager who has undertaken to review processes and training.

I do genuinely hope that you choose to join us again at the Grand Jersey when you are next visiting. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

It's regrettable that I feel that I needed to write this review, but I do. This was not a five star hotel experience when I visited. I could list the problems I experienced during my visit but I'd prefer not to for the sake of brevity and to be fair to the hotel given that attempts were made to rectify the situation(s) eventually. Suffice it to say the rooms, service (though most, largely, tried) and just about everything else was definitely not five star. Another reviewer mentioned Fawlty Towers and to some extent initially that was the feeling I got. I believe that during my visit there didn't seem to be a permanent GM in place and some of the things can be put down to the establishment being rudderless at that time, perhaps, but there are other things which probably can't.

Considering the amount of money paid I would've given this place one star and completely slammed it were it not for a few of the staff who eventually took control of the situation after I made a complaint, one in particular (Mark I think - seconded from another hotel in the chain) was frankly the saviour of our holiday and indeed the hotel chains reputation with me. He was excellent and what I'd expect in terms of five star service. I should also mention the gentleman that had been made head of the dinning facilities (Hanni, I think it was - but forgive me if that is wrong) who was very good in taking on board what had been said and sorting it out.

I sincerely hope they have made steps to give some permanent leadership and direction to staff and a solid base for future improvements. The hotel itself could do with some regeneration work and there are probably a few rooms they should not be putting guests in at all.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrElmo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in July. For reissuance we did communicate and use your valuable feedback as learning with the senior team at the time.

I am delighted to report that Mark is currently still in situ and will remain to continue to support with the many changes and advancements with the team who are committed and focused to delivering excellent service and customer care, along with the planned changes for the hotel.

We appreciated the time you took to raise your feedback at the time of the stay and I was delighted that we had the opportunity to discuss and resolve this at time, more so that you left happy with the outcome from the actions and interaction that Mark and Hani took with you.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you both back to Grand Jersey or one of other Hand Picked hotel within the collection very soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked a long weekend at the grand Jersey to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff and excellent service. We suit we booked was very bright and airy with beautiful views out across the bay ( it even had a second toilet)
The food at the hotel was of a very high standard but the fine dinning offered in the Tassili restaurant is of a different level completely. Quite simply one of the five best meals I've ever eaten in my life. Superb from start to finish with outstanding presentation and ingredients but even these where surpassed by the finest dessert my wife has ever tried.
If you only go to Jersey once , go to the Grand jersey and order the Jersey Apple.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Les B

Such brilliant comments, thank you!

The team and I are absolutely delighted you had such wonderful time with us here and I was especially thrilled to hear you had a wonderful dining experience in Tassili. I could not agree more the Jersey Apple is not only utterly delicious but a feast for the eye.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again to experience more very soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

I've been to Jersey a few times but this is the first time I've stayed here. Very professional, friendly staff, spa v relaxing, breakfast delicious. Our room was at the back of the hotel so no sea view but as expected and they have a number of bars/reading rooms that you can relax in to soak up the sea views...abit pricely but worth it

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay.

It is wonderful to read your lovely feedback. I’m so pleased you found the hotel, dining experience and service to be very good.

Myself and the team hope to be able to welcome you back to the Grand Jersey again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend. I had high expectations, my mistake! I feel I'm allowed to have certain expectations if a hotel is five star. This is no way a Five Star. That's an insult to all other exceptional hotels with this rating. This is a rating that spoils what could have been a pleasant stay. If you are "the Jersey Grand" your guests are expecting exactly that. This is grand compared with Fawlty towers.
On arrival there is nobody to help you with your luggage. The staff at reception are very pleasant. But if you are asked wether or not you should be accompanied to the room I always say no as it's obviously an inconvenience, they were understaffed.
I asked if I needed to reserve a table in the fine dining restaurant, I was informed it was definitely required. I was the only person in the restaurant which was a room with the worst ambience I have ever experienced. I was standing there for a minute before anybody even appeared.
The staff are very friendly and I really liked them.
Breakfast was excellent, coffee not great.
The room is a joke for a Five Star. The bathroom would be a hazard if you're elderly, try having a shower in that bath. The extractor sounds like a Volkswagen, the air conditioner too, we switched that off as it was freezing in the room on arrival.
I'm sorry, but do yourselves a favour, change your rating to Four Stars and people will be quite happy. As a Four Star hotel you're ok, not fantastic but ok. It's all about expectations.
Would I stay here again? No I'd rather stay in a B and B.
I think the good comments you received are locals who might want to help, they obviously don't travel enough. I can't believe any of it.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philippe P

Naturally I was sorry to read your comments and learn that your stay with us her at the Grand Jersey did not meet your expectations.

We offer a variety of room types throughout the hotel, each unique and with different outlooks. I’m sorry that those allocated to you and your party did not match your ideals and appreciate that room style and view is very subjective.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and please be assured that they have been reviewed and noted.