“Great location”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here for our Ruby anniversary celebration. We had a lovely park view deluxe room which also gave us a view over the sea too. We had a small balcony and a seating area. A lovely six foot bed, air conditioning and good bathroom.
We had a card from staff wishing us a happy anniversary and a lovely bowl of fruit.
The staff were extremely attentive and very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe park view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at the Grand in the early 2000's and it was a bit tired then, which put me off staying there when I was back in Jersey for business this year, but as summer came along, lack of availability at my usual place prompted me to see what had changed (as I'd heard good things about the Grand)

I was so impressed by my first stay that I booked there again for my next, and look forward to staying again in the future. The decor of the hotel is fresh yet perfectly in keeping with the classic building. The furnishing of the rooms is of a very high standard and makes the rooms a real pleasure to be in. The heating system from my earlier stays (cast iron radiators) has been replaced with modern, quiet, powerful air conditioning.

My first stay this time, I was upgraded to a double room (our work booking system forces us to the cheapest available room, which at the Grand is a single room) and it was lovely - particularly the bathroom, with a double shower and separate, standalone bath in a spacious room, all gleaming white and sparkling. Generous towels too! The bedroom was of a good size and the bed was very comfortable. This wasn't a beach view room, and the bedroom window was heavily frosted, to disguise the closeup view of a brick wall that would otherwise have been afforded by it - a good solution to a problem outside the control of the owners.

My second stay, I was placed in one of the actual single rooms, and even for a single room, it was small - not a lot of floorspace around the bed and the bathroom barely big enough to open and close the door while in it. The bed was still as comfortable, and the decor as pleasant, though. This time, the frosted window gave a very pleasant view when opened across the green to the side of the hotel, but I was thankful for the frosting as it added a good level of privacy to a ground floor room.

In common with when I stayed before, the service was impeccable throughout from all staff, and the breakfast service was excellent. Unfortunately I didn't have time to try the spa or restaurants on either trip but look forward to in the future.

So to summarise, a lovely old fashioned but modern hotel (wifi is provided, but the free service is limited - something which is thankfully becoming more of a rarity in hotels now) which you'll enjoy even more if you splash out a little more and book a double room even if you're travelling solo.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a double room, even if travelling alone!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My Mum and myself returned last week from another fabulous break at Grand Jersey. This time it was a special occasion to celebrate a milestone birthday for my Mum and the Hotel managed to make it even more special than usual. I had made some requests prior to going and they were followed to the letter but it was also all the other extra surprises and good wishes that we received that made it so great. I won't go in to detail as everyone will be asking for the same but massive thanks once again to Eamonn and his team for all their efforts. We had a lovely room overlooking the park and the bay made even lovelier by the beautiful weather. We ate in the Champagne Lounge, The Terrace and Victorias and the food and service in all were excellent as always. We also ate in Tassili on one evening which was possibly the best meal I have ever had, the cooking just gets better every year. Such unusual and original combinations without being gimmicky and the flavours are out of this world. They have also changed the decor thank goodness and the awful peach and black has gone in favour of bronze tones, so much better and all designed by the chef I believe ( what a talented chap). As has been mentioned before it is the staff that make this hotel, charming, sweet and efficient (we have never ever had to wait for service). The ladies on reception, the waiters and waitresses and Hugo and the lovely boys from Madeira on the concierge desk were all super. Lots of entertaining moments watching those boys park those cars in extremely tight spaces, what skill, I am going to ask for lessons next time! All headed up by Eamonn the dynamo and the Director of the hotel. Perfect holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MissG22
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel should be fantastic. Great location, good building but the service delivery, food and the rooms are are nowhere near the standard required.

I have had to stay here on several occasion and each time you pay through the nose for rooms that overlook ..........the wall of a multi storey car-park!,

Breakfasts are sub standard and a lot of the staff don't speak good English

Not Grand at all

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank david_spring
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We found nothing at fault with this hotel, it excels in all areas !! We traveled as a family of 2 adults and a 13 year old boy.. Checking in was easy and very efficient even though we were several hours before the official checking in time, we left our luggage with them and within an hour they had made a room available for us. The 3 of us were staying in one room and even with the addition of the extra single bed the room was spacious enough for 3, a balcony and a good sized bathroom. The hotel staff couldn't do enough for us, recommending beaches to visit and restaurants around the island. They also have complimentary valet parking which is great. We stayed on a B&B basis and the breakfast was was superb, so much choice, a la carte or buffet (as you please) and the waiting staff were great - nothing too much trouble and very attentive. This was our first visit to Jersey, we loved the island and we loved the Grand Jersey - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We planned to come to Jersey for an adventure weekend and chose Grand Jersey as our hotel expecting it to be ... grand!

The hotel is nice, the staff friendly, the breakfast very good... BUT as it is classed as a beach hotel I would expect some deck chairs on the beach, on a terrace or anywhere in the sun...
The hotel has none! No extra towels to take on the beach either (like other Jersey's hotels have).
It is a beautiful city hotel with a view nothing more and definitely not worth the stars they claim.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a weekend stay at the Grand for my friends hen party. The trip was booked months in advance with the expert help of Alexandra in reservations, she was extremely helpful and made booking a trip for 23 very easy! We ate in the brasserie and the food was fantastic, service again was top notch, Gabriel was super waiter! The hotel could not do enough for us, they really made the stay very special. The spa is beautiful and the treatments were amazing, the rooms are spacious with very very comfy beds! They also have great air con which was very much needed this weekend. The terrace bar in front of the hotel is also a wonderful place to have a drink and a bite to eat, the staff were happy to seat all 23 of us! We also had a private room set up for cocktail making, which was fantastic fun and again the service was superb! Breakfast is amazing! I really cannot express how great all the staff at the hotel were, I've never stayed anywhere with such fantastic service! A big thank you to you all for making it a really memorable weekend!

Stayed: July 2014
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#5 of 32 in St. Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!