“March mini break - customer service very good, decor/food average”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
“March mini break - customer service very good, decor/food average”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very nice and attentive staff, but this is the only aspect that could be called five star. Very polite and helpful, even brought a take away and plates to our room with no obvious desire for a tip!

Decor - needs a general refresh, tatty and marks on the walls

Cleaning - minimal housekeeping service, bed made and that is it

Communal areas - a little cold. Again, tatty.

Food - Michelin star restaurant VERY GOOD, but buffet breakfast pretty bad, I've had better in Travelodge.

Gym - small but well equipped, benches could do with an upgrade.

Pool/sauna/steam - very nice, low lighting in the pool/jacuzzi area, relaxing ambience. Sauna/steam and tropical shower facility.

Private cinema - great perk! Free to watch a film if you ask the concierge - he even brought us free popcorn!

Car parking - concierge parks the car for you, 5 star perk.

Beauty salon - helpful staff, accomodating with appointments. I had 2 massages, both good quality and nicely decorated rooms with a pleasant relaxation room.

We enjoyed our break despite the above points, and would recommend the hotel if you can get a good rate.

NOTE - do not use Europcar! At least £50 more than Hertz. In fact, don't even rent a car unless you will drive all over the island - it's all one way and you need scratch off cards for parking so we could only park on the Sunday! Annoying.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your very detailed, constructive review of Grand Jersey - this is appreciated and will be used to improve the service and quality of product we provide.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, and I hope that you will be returning to the hotel in the future.

Eamonn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
Knebworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in March 2014. The hotel is in an excellent position for the beach and St Helier.
The staff were very attentive and helpful, and the meals were excellent. We had a comfortable room at the rear of the hotel.. It was very good value for the special price we had paid.

Dear guest,

I am delighted that you had an excellent stay recently at Grand Jersey. It is always such a boost for morale when staff receive praise and recognition for their hard work and I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the whole team.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Really impressed with the hotel. Excellent food at Tassili, great spa facilities and friendly and attentive service. The car park is small, but the one day it was full the staff very helpfully directed us to a car park and paid for the necessary parking. It very much lived up to its reputation, and the sea views are well worth upgrading for. The breakfast was particularly good, and the rooms well furnished.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey following your recent stay - we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had such an excellent stay with us and managed to take advantage of our wonderful spa and fine dining facilities.

I do hope that we will be seeing you again soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Good breakfast. Excellent service. Lovely pool.
Only 2 downsides were that some rooms quite small and claustrophobic due to the oppressive colours of wallpaper but this may be to others liking and a few communal areas like the lift were a little grubby. Needed a good polish and hoover.

Room Tip: Try to obtain any room other than the tiny ones.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Grand Jersey. We really do appreciate your honest, constructive comments and whilst I am delighted to see that you experienced excellent service, and wonderful breakfast I do take on board your comments regarding the rooms and public areas. I have passed these comments on to our Housekeeping staff for their attention.

I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked for 3 nights in a Park View room but given an upgrade to a Classic Sea View room. Impressive first impressions & these lasted for duration of our break. Lovely welcoming,smiling,helpful staff everywhere.
My wife & I had planned to find local eateries for dinner but decided to have all meals in Victorias restaurant. A wise decision. Excellent value & service.
Enjoyed a laugh with the guys on Reception with our Skoda hire car (renamed Ferrari) & this friendliness summed up our fab weekend. Highly recommended. Will be back!

Room Tip: Smile, be pleasant & hope for an upgrade!
Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am so pleased that you had a memorable stay at Grand Jersey recently and thank you so much for reviewing the hotel on return - this is very much appreciated.

It is so lovely to hear when guests have been wowed by the service and hospitality they receive and I shall be sure to pass on your compliments to the entire team here at Grand Jersey.

I very much hope to see you again shortly.

Bristol
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Grand Jersey. The food, room and staff were all excellent. Hope to stay again soon. We only had one dinner at the hotel, but that too was excellent. Well situated and close to the shops and on the sea front.

Room Tip: Sea view very nice,. but we were upgraded, so an added bonus.
Dear guest,

Its wonderful to see that you had an excellent stay with us and to hear that you will be returning to Grand Jersey. It is always our aim for guests to leave the hotel with lasting memories of their break and I am delighted that we made such a fantastic impression - I shall pass your compliments on to the team here at Grand Jersey.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Guernsey
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I know I am probably slightly biased as I am very fortunate to stay the the Grand Jersey fairly often (I have tried other hotels in Jersey but I am afraid they just do not cut it!) but once again I was lucky enough to stay there this week.
I had not visited since before Christmas but as soon as I walked through the doors I just smiled! I was met by Jose who straight away welcomed me back, followed by Flavio and then the girls from Reception. It just fills me with such happiness.
I was very, very lucky to e given a Suite - probably wasted on my 12 hours there but I truly appreciated the gesture - such a beautiful room (327 if you wish to book it!) I was there for work on this occasion and upon our return at 10pm several of us ordered some food in the Champagne Lounge (along with a few scrumptious cocktails!!) I had the Ham and Cheese Toastie - Wow! It was delicious! I have never had it before - I do not know what they do but I wish I had one in front of me now!
I went straight to sleep and did not wake once until my alarm went off - bliss!
Breakfast was as always a treat as was the service and the welcome from yet more fantastic staff.
I have been staying at the Grand Jersey now for 8 years - I just can't fault it and lucky me I am back there this weekend for one of their Play Dinners.
Don't take my word - try it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Becky,

It's an absolute pleasure having you stay with us - you are such a loyal supporter of Grand Jersey and all the staff here love seeing you!

Your recognition and praise for the staff and service you receive is very much appreciated and I shall once again make sure everyone knows you were wowed by the hospitality you received during your most recent stay.

Take care Becky and I look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Fondest regards,

#1 of 5 in St.Saviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#4 of 32 in St. Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!