“Great Hotel”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a fantastic stay with superb food. We started our stay with a visit to Tassili which was excellent. We had the tasting menu and the staff were very accommodating when I asked for a slight change to one of the courses. The food was amazing both visually and in taste. Our hotel room was modern, clean and the bed extremely comfortable. It was very busy at breakfast yet we still had a very prompt and friendly service, our breakfast itself was delicious. During our visit we had afternoon tea which was very yummy and extremely relaxing. I would definitely recommend the hotel for a visit. The only downside is a limited amount of parking however there is plenty close by.

1  Thank Lee546
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you had such a memorable stay with us and I'm pleased that you were able to experience dining in Tassili, our Michelin star restaurant whilst you were here. We all take great pride in the level of service we provide and I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the entire team.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Big brand name hotel, but with all the friendliness of a family run business. Staff cannot do enough for you - nothing is too much trouble. Went here for an overnight stay with my husband and little girl. As the hotel knew it was my daughters birthday they made a lovely fuss of her. Wonderful room overlooking the castle. Trip to the spa - it was lovely and quiet and the relaxation room you can use prior to your treatment is a firm favourite. 3 course meal was included with our overnight stay. We had dinner in Victoria's and the food was delicious - lovely choices, great presentation, attentive staff and excellent value - would definitely recommend this option. Fabulous stay, extremely reasonable - will go back again.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading for a sea view room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Caroline B

Dear Caroline,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us - I am so pleased that we helped ensure your daughter had a memorable birthday too!

It is so important to us that we not only provide a 5 star service, but also a friendly, warm welcome to all of our guests and I shall make sure the whole team are aware they achieved this with your family.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just want to say that I had another exceptional stay. Always good to see the fab staff and the service they deliver that makes you want to keep returning. The champagne lounge is very relaxed and although I travel alone I never feel uncomfortable here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Your continued loyalty and support for Grand Jersey is very much appreciated and I am delighted that once again, you have received a fantastic service whilst staying at the hotel.

Consistent 5 star friendly service is something we pride ourselves on and I shall make the entire team aware that you had a lovely stay.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at this 5 star hotel for a Christmas break. I would say that this is more a 3 plus star then a 5 star. We were in the Inland room, which was comfortable and had all the necessary requirements.
All the staff were friendly,mainly Eastern European, which is what you come to expect now.They had varying English speaking skills, which is one of the problems.
The main cause for complaint was the age that we had to wait between courses at the evening meal. We were in a group from Titan Travel so had plenty of people to speak to. In fact on the last night we spent the waiting time doing crosswords.The worst night was the Boxing Day evening, when they had given all their senior waiting staff the night off. And just left the young inexperienced staff. They were all very willing, but they needed some support. The only senior person around was the restaurant manager from Tasilli(another restaurant in the Hotel) When one of the young waitresses asked for help,he said"Just got on with it".Absolutly disgusting and certainly not 5star standard.
The food however was of a good standard, and when it arrived was well served and hot.Overall good but not 5 star.

Room Tip: Inland rooms are ok, but no views and sometimes have opaque glass.
1  Thank g d
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We love Grand Jersey and have always found the staff to be 100% committed to us and our stay. We hope to be able to come back again and again and would recommend the hotel to anyone. We have a young baby and the hotel is totally friendly to young families and everyone is always very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel , their staff and everything about it is wonderful, a 3rd visit for us and still the only hotel we have returned to ever!!!
Christmas here Is amazing the little extras make it so special and the whole experience is very special,
The room is lovely the spa, pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are an included treat and should be used.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals were very special and the food was excellent, I cannot wait until we return if for nothing less than a kiss from Hugo never has a welcome been so warm or heartfelt.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I went to Jersey for Christmas, first time we stayed at The Grand. Staff lovely and attentive always stopping to have a chat. Check in smooth, had mulled wine and mince
pies! Our room was adequate with a large TV on the wall, plenty of wardrobe/chest of drawers,
Washing facilities nice with a small wet room which I rather liked. I loved all the touches in the
room like the water in the fridge, replenished every day, dressing gown, slippers even cotton buds! The room was Park View we had a nice view of the beach looking over to St Aubins in
the distance, very quiet too. Slept well in the big comfy bed. The spa facilities were great,
once you clock in you pick up a towel and the swimming pool was a lovely temperature and
quite big, a Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and lovely showers also. My only critism (that's
why I gave it 4 stars was the breakfast, yes there was a lovely spread, the fresh fruit was
lovely, but the full English breakfast were served in stainless steel casket things and 3 mini
gas burners underneath keeping them warm, well sorry but the whole plateful was cold, I suppose we should of said to the staff please heat it up or put in microwave but we didn't.
Two mornings on the trot it was cold time we got to our table so we decided to either have
the continental next morning or get up early and get there for 7.30 once the food was freshly
cooked, We got up early and had breakfast at 7.30 guess what it was a little better but luke
warm I'm very surprised a hotel of this calibre do not offer cooked breakfasts to order, you could of had poached eggs, kippers, haddock and boiled eggs cooked by the chef so next time we
could do this. That's my only complaint.

Room Tip: Can't comment but the park view room was quiet.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Helier
#3 of 31 in St. Helier
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#4 of 31 in St. Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!