1,876 results
All reviewschampagne barelizabeth castlepark viewvictoria restauranttassili restaurantsea viewfive star hotelsmall balconylovely hotelsea frontrelaxation roomsteam roomfirst classmain restaurantnothing is too much troublemain roadshort break
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stopped here for a week on our first trip to Jersey, it was also our wedding anniversary while we were there. We arrived to find we had our room upgraded to a Junior suite which was nice and had amazing views of Elizabeth Castle.
We only ate breakfasts here as we wanted to explore, but what a breakfast, most anything you can think of was there or was made to order.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and polite, for example my wife did not fancy the cocktails listed and was asked what would she like to drink? a strawberry daquari was made without fuss and went down very well. We were recommended beaches and places to visit and the trips were made easy with them supply us with directions and local knowledge to get the most out of everything.
Being on the coast road finding the hotel was simple to find and despite the attractions of St Helier's shops, a scant 5 minute stroll away (I actually timed it) we travelled from edge to edge of the island never worried of getting lost as the coast road would always lead us back (and at only 40 miles long, it never mattered which way we went).
The negatives? if I was being picky the hotel could do with a bit of renovation, brass was dented and wood knocked, door handles were not on square, but this is not really an issue.
The Spa was great, but the lighting is very low and this caused my wife's nail varnish following here massage to come away as not all the oil had been removed. But we did get an offer to get it done again (which as we were only here a week we refused) or a refund, which we took. All dealt with in a friendly manner and only a bit annoying.

1  Thank James T
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We received a kind offer of a complimentary night's stay and dinner at Tassili's, after my wife and I encountered certain issues with a previous booking.

We accepted this kind gesture, and stayed on Friday 27th September.

We are glad that we did, as my wife and I had a most enjoyable stay at The Grand.

The service was exemplary, the staff friendly and professional, and the hotel up to the high standards that we remembered, and expected.

Our sincere thanks go to all staff, especially the staff in Tassili's, who were exceptional.

I also thank Eamonn Elliott, General Manager, as he has restored our faith in The Grand. We will be sure to return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Sea View Suites are spacious and very comfortable, with a lovely aspect.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Grand Hotel was easy to find,an in the heart of Jersey!! A lovely plush hotel,definately value for money,luvly spa an pool,with calming low lighting, great food for all occasions,The Terrace to chill,The Champagne Bar to unwind with live music,Victorias for that special meal an tasilinis for even special dining.something for everyone.The car Park was small but we left our car for the very effcient staff to park when it was busy.The room had all the facilities an the bed was very comfortable,the room was o good size an had everythink we needed. The staff couldn't do enough for us. Great time,Great food and a Geat Hotel! We will return!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having recently came on a business trip to the lovely island of jersey I was told to come to the grand jersey for some food and a few drinks out on the terrace the weather was lovely and I was approached straight away and taken to my table by a lovely young local girl she was very helpful and a pleasure to be served by unfortunately I ordered a toasted bagel and it arrived totally burnt but the young waitress who was serving me turned my whole experience around and was very helpful witty and couldn't do enough for me. I will be coming back next year with my family and this time staying at The Grand Jersey Hotel it would be an honour if me and my family come back next year and see her progress through the hotel very pleased with my stay in jersey thanks to the young waitress who was also a lovely local girl and I look forward to seeing her again next year when I stay at the Grand Jersey hotel DEFFIENTLY 5 STAR SERVICE keep up the great work.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Recently stayed at the Grand for a week on holiday and overall it was a good experience. Food was fab, room service, concierge and reception staff excellent and spa wonderful. Room had a fantastic view of Elizabeth Castle and the seafront. A visit to Elizabeth Castle is definitely worth it by the way - The 'Master of Arms' there is brilliant as is the 'Surgeon'. Back to the hotel - the room was okay but not quite up to standard for me. For example the air con broke down more than once, there was no separate shower,some of the bathroom fittings were broken and the carpets weren't vacuumed every day. The Terrace is a great place to relax for pre dinner drinks and the bar staff on the Terrace were friendly but didn't exactly rush so the service could've been a bit better. Overall though we liked out stay there and would definitely consider staying there again.

1  Thank Finlaysathome