1,876 results
All reviewschampagne barelizabeth castlepark viewvictoria restauranttassili restaurantsea viewfive star hotelsmall balconylovely hotelsea frontrelaxation roomsteam roomfirst classmain restaurantnothing is too much troublemain roadshort break
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We received a kind offer of a complimentary night's stay and dinner at Tassili's, after my wife and I encountered certain issues with a previous booking.

We accepted this kind gesture, and stayed on Friday 27th September.

We are glad that we did, as my wife and I had a most enjoyable stay at The Grand.

The service was exemplary, the staff friendly and professional, and the hotel up to the high standards that we remembered, and expected.

Our sincere thanks go to all staff, especially the staff in Tassili's, who were exceptional.

I also thank Eamonn Elliott, General Manager, as he has restored our faith in The Grand. We will be sure to return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Sea View Suites are spacious and very comfortable, with a lovely aspect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Grand Hotel was easy to find,an in the heart of Jersey!! A lovely plush hotel,definately value for money,luvly spa an pool,with calming low lighting, great food for all occasions,The Terrace to chill,The Champagne Bar to unwind with live music,Victorias for that special meal an tasilinis for even special dining.something for everyone.The car Park was small but we left our car for the very effcient staff to park when it was busy.The room had all the facilities an the bed was very comfortable,the room was o good size an had everythink we needed. The staff couldn't do enough for us. Great time,Great food and a Geat Hotel! We will return!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having recently came on a business trip to the lovely island of jersey I was told to come to the grand jersey for some food and a few drinks out on the terrace the weather was lovely and I was approached straight away and taken to my table by a lovely young local girl she was very helpful and a pleasure to be served by unfortunately I ordered a toasted bagel and it arrived totally burnt but the young waitress who was serving me turned my whole experience around and was very helpful witty and couldn't do enough for me. I will be coming back next year with my family and this time staying at The Grand Jersey Hotel it would be an honour if me and my family come back next year and see her progress through the hotel very pleased with my stay in jersey thanks to the young waitress who was also a lovely local girl and I look forward to seeing her again next year when I stay at the Grand Jersey hotel DEFFIENTLY 5 STAR SERVICE keep up the great work.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Recently stayed at the Grand for a week on holiday and overall it was a good experience. Food was fab, room service, concierge and reception staff excellent and spa wonderful. Room had a fantastic view of Elizabeth Castle and the seafront. A visit to Elizabeth Castle is definitely worth it by the way - The 'Master of Arms' there is brilliant as is the 'Surgeon'. Back to the hotel - the room was okay but not quite up to standard for me. For example the air con broke down more than once, there was no separate shower,some of the bathroom fittings were broken and the carpets weren't vacuumed every day. The Terrace is a great place to relax for pre dinner drinks and the bar staff on the Terrace were friendly but didn't exactly rush so the service could've been a bit better. Overall though we liked out stay there and would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Finlaysathome
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We took family that were visiting Jersey for Sunday lunch at the Grand. It was a buffet so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. We sat on the terrace overlooking the seafront, everyone having the buffet was sat inside but the weather was so lovely we requested to sit outside which was fine and we were reserved a table. Only downside to this was that the staff outside were very reluctant to serve us and we had to ask for the table to be cleared multiple times.

Unfortunately the food wasn't great either. We were informed that the buffet is served till 5, so when going in for our main at 4ish we were informed that there was no more yorkshire puddings or veg for the roast. So we were left with meat and potatoes which tasted as though it had been sat around for hours on end. For £30 a head this really isn't value for money as it was pretty much inedible.

I would never go back for the Sunday buffet and would not recommend it to anyone.

On the upside, their terrace is a great place to sit and have a cocktail!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family