Just returned from a four day stay in Jersey, all nights at the Grand. Hotel location is good if you want to base your stay in the capital, however it is a noisy location for traffic if you are there for relaxation rather than business. We had booked a deluxe sea view room which are located at the front of the Hotel with super views over the beach and castle, however this is the noisy side, our room was upgraded to a suite which was a nice surprise. The suite itself was spacious and comfortable with a super bed and good tv,s etc, no mini bar, bathroom toiletries were mid market items and not luxury, generally the suite felt a little tired.
Hotel were completing refurbishment at the front which we were not advised about. I think completion had been delayed down to the weather. Most scaffold was off when we checked out.
The car boys were fantastic, the rest of the staff pleasant, the service staff in Tassili exceptional.
The main lobby was badly signed, took us a while to find the Champagne bar, which when we did find it was excellent with a great selection of drinks but pretty pricy. Leisure area fine but as it is all located in the basement it was bit dingy, but was operationally very good.
Breakfast had a good selection of items but hot food cold, they should batch cook rather than store, in my opinion 5 star hotels should cook breakfast to order as I have never stayed in a Hotel which gets cooked breakfast right when this is not the case.
Tassili is definitely worth experiencing - we loved it.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but think there are better 5 star options in Jersey.
Think the Hotel is a good 4 star but not 5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St. Helier