“Very pleasant stay”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. A very nice hotel and the location is very good too. It's over looking the jersey beach. Although there was some construction work going on it still didnt deter people away as it was really busy.
Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Gkaan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
St Helier
Reviewed March 10, 2013

my boyfriend and I booked in last minute to The Grand Hotel. We were told they were very busy and would only have one room available which we took. When we arrived Joe, our extremely helpful Concierge parked our car as there is work being undertaken at the front of the hotel and any space was taken by work vans. We checked into our room to find a very spacious but very dark bedroom. I have a thing about hotel bathrooms, I love them, so was very disappointed that for our romantic stay we had been checked into the disabled access room. The bathroom was not up to standard for anyone staying there. We asked if there were any other rooms and again Joe came to rescue and showed us a couple more rooms the 2nd of which was great - a beautiful bathroom with double shower and slipper bath - we couldn't understand why we weren't booked into tis room at the beginning!..Anyway from then on our stay was great, the spa treatment with Chloe was superb but the pool area is looking tired and really needs some TLC and attention and it's so dark down there and not very relaxing unless you are having a treatment and are allowed to go into the relaxation room which is beautiful. All in all, our room concerns were sorted immediately and from then on we had a lovely evening - thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jersey75
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed for three nights at the Grand Jersey with my sister for her Birthday. We had chosen Sea view deluxe rooms and were not disappointed - the view was beautiful. Yes the rooms are a little dark - this is not a brand new build - so you expect things to get a little tired - but the rooms were very clean. The spa was amazing - the Champagne bar was wonderful. All the staff in the hotel were brilliant - smiling and exceptionally friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble for them - yes there were building works going on - but we were not disturbed by them - and the staff moved and parked my car for me all the time - it was not a problem at all. The cost of our stay was excellent value for money - and the breakfast in the morning a real treat. Thank you Grand Jersey - we hope to come back one day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pepper11134
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

i wa so disapoined room was so cold definatly not 5 star never even got reply to complaint spoke to tourst informaction was promissed someone wd look into this but as usuall no answer very dirty inside wardrope lamps i was sent up small heator for very large room it was snow when arrived hotels rooms too old to cope shets were very damp never again

Room Tip: make sure it not a cold room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank isobel Q
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Booked this hotel through LMDC & was pleasantly surprised, the reception on arrival was execellent and friendly. I think it is very good value with a lovely breakfast included.
The room was very clean and spacious.
I would recommend this hotel highly and will definately stay again. The staff are happy to park your car as there is some work being done to the front of the hotel, therefore no parking.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel will have exquiste sea views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I was offered a choice of three Jersey hotels by the people in work who arrange my trips. I was a bit disappointed that they couldn't get me into the Hotel du France, my favourite Jersey stopover but picked the Grand as it had good ratings on this and other sites.

I arrived at five to two to be told that breakfast would be an extra £10.50 (I'm on expenses so I don't really mind but I had just left a hotel on Guernsey with one star less and breakfast included for three quarters what these people charge). When I got to my room I was disappointed to find it was very small with a single bed - there's only one of me but it is nice to stretch out - but the biggest disappointment was finding the room as it was left by the previous occupant, towel draped over the TV, duvet on the floor etc. I went back to reception to complain. The receptionist spent a few minutes trying to tell me that I must be mistaken because the head house keeper had said the room was ready, so it must be ready, and was I absolutely sure that it hadn't been cleaned?

Once the penny dropped I there was a mumbled apology, and I was told to make my self scarce for an hour (they advertise a 2 pm check-in time and by now it was about quarter past 2). So, I wasted an afternoon wandering the streets of St Hellier. when I got back to the hotel I was met with apologies and told that, to make it up to me, I had been upgraded to a double room - great. However I have now discovered (I am writing this in the hotel room at 10:30 after returning from a dinner engagement) that the fridge in the minibar is making a really annoying noise (an incessant 'tut-tut' sort of thing), and I can't get to the plug socket to turn it off without taking the whole room apart.

I have had better service and more pleasant stays in backpackers and youth hostels than this so-called five star hotel. I won't be coming back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my wife and 2 year old son, and I have to say the service was absolutely exceptional from the moment we arrived. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and everyone seemed to have time to stop, say hello and ask how we were getting on. The room was excellent, very clean with a fantastic view of the beautiful Jersey coastline. We had the full buffet breakfast included in the room rate and it was delicious, hot, fresh and in abundance. My wife ordered off the menu and my son was well fed and set up for the rest of the day. We decided to eat in the main restaraunt for Sunday lunch and we weren't disappointed, it was fantastic, with an abundance of fresh seafood available as well as a full carvery and desert selections, topped off by relaxing live music to set the atmosphere. The one thing I would take away from our stay is that we often worry how people will react to a two year old running about the place, keen to explore and chat to everyone, it's certainly not everyone's idea of fun. However, the staff at The Grand Jersey were exceptional and made us feel completely relaxed and welcome in the hotel, in fact...I think Louis left with a few potential girlfriends!!!!! Thank you all for such a lovely stay, we will definitely be coming back..........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Grand Jersey via Tripadvisor. All reviews are very much appreciated, and it is such a pleasure to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful stay - I shall pass your compliments on to the rest of the team!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

#3 of 32 in St. Helier
Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St. Brelade

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!