“Very nice few days”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
Wantage, United Kingdom
“Very nice few days”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed as a family of 4 in 2 rooms end of October.

I contacted the hotel before I went to make sure we had an interconnecting room. It turned out that the room type we had booked did not have interconnecting rooms, but to my surprise the hotel upgraded us.

We found all areas of the hotel clean and well maintained. We ate in the main restaurant where the food was good, but I also know they had a michelin starred option.

The bar area was very nice and staff very good.

We also tried the gym and pool which was very good. The smell from the spa was lovely, so I am sure it would have be excellent.

Liked - Hotel upgrade to a room that worked for the family and the hotel was was placed to explore.
Disliked - Very little, although check in was a little slow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wg284
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your complimentary feedback - I shall be passing this on to the staff here at Grand Jersey as it is always very well received.

I have also taken on board your constructive comments regarding check-in, which I will be looking into.

Eamonn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
london
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at the Grand for my birthday! My husband and I were treated like VIP for the weekend. From booking in right through to checking, We felt like valued customers as everything was done in a very professional manner.
The staff and even the other quests made us feel very welcome, everyone was extremely polite. The breakfast choice is very plentiful and I even asked for kippers one morning (which we had to wait no more than 10 mins for). When we arrived there was a xmas party in full swing, we carried our bags into the hotel, but the manager rushed to take them away from us. The parties did not have any impact on our stay. The room service was very good the staff were helpful in trying to accommodate us although the chef was unable to meet our requests. Room service was he highlight for me as we did not want to venture out to resturants were xmas parties were predominant. The room is very well equiped for anyone who would not want to venture out into the cold. Very good location. he air conditioner was slightly noisey for my husband who is a light sleeper. Overall i would definetly be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to travel light, slippers, towels and toiletries are supplied and very nice quality too...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I was delighted to see your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

It is so rewarding for me, and for the entire team here at Grand Jersey, when the hard work and dedication is acknowledged and I will be passing your comments around for all to see!

It sounds like you left Jersey, and the hotel in particular, with some wonderful birthday memories and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Northwich, UK
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was a 4 night 'Secret Escapes' break so the deal was a great one and a 'no brainer' from the start. If it was not for some niggly things about the bathroom and the breakfast, the hotel would have got an excellent from me. The staff led by Manager, Eamonn were excellent and nothing is to much trouble. When we visited in the pre-Xmas build up, the hotel was holding numerous xmas parties in the various bars and function rooms. There was no loss of facilities or reduction in service standards to the resident guests.
We ate in the hotel at Victorias one night and the table d'hote menu was excellent.
I was disappointed with the self-service breakfast buffet and found most of the food selection to be cold. This was not helped by the fact that the plates were cold in the first place. I switched to porridge and poached eggs made to order after the first breakfast. I had a deluxe park view room (No 247) and it was fine except for the bathroom. The towels were small, thin and worn and a 5 star hotel should have big fluffy towels. Very difficult to shave with access to the mirror restricted by the toilet and the basin. A swing out extendable shaving mirror would have been nice. For some reason, there was a double layered, extremely long, shower curtain in the bathroom that ended up with the fabric gathered at the bottom of the bath. It was a hindrance and almost a trip risk in the very small bath that was used for showering. The room size was average but was spoilt by the bathroom. Although we were on the 2nd floor there was no problem with outside noise as described in other reviews. I would stay at the Grand Jersey again, mainly because of the quality of the staff and the service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and I shall be passing your compliments on to the whole team.

I have also noted your comments regarding your room (bathroom) and breakfast and will speak to the relevant heads of department about this.

I hope we will see you again in the future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at a number of hotels in Jersey over the years, this is the best thus far. Great location with lovely views over the bay, friendly and helpful staff, and comfortable, well equipped rooms. The public rooms on the ground floor ( bar, lounge, etc.) have a warm and cozy feel - especially on a freezing December evening ! With reference to an earlier comment, the wifi in my room was excellent.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a complimentary review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I shall pass your comments on to the team, who are always very appreciative of feedback such as yours.

I hope that we will see you return to Grand Jersey in the near future.

Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very clean, friendly and value for money. Food was lovely and Tassili restaurant was wonderful.. Lounges were tidy and clean at all times of the day. I definately will be back..Wonderful selection for breakfast, and everything fresh.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for so much for taking the time to review Grand Jersey on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had a lovely stay with us, and I shall pass your complimentary comments on to the team here at the hotel.

I hope to see you again later in the year.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

A first rate stay of 7 days, with good food - 2 excellent restaurants , attentive staff and a superb suite with sea viewa overlooking Elizabeth Castle and the sea. Ideally located within walking distance of the centre of St Helier , with its own mini-cinema , pool and Sauna. The Spa offered every luxury , and provided a very pampering experience. Thoroughly to be recommended and we certainly intend to return before long.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms and suites are the best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Guernsey
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I know I am biased but why would I stay anywhere else in jersey when the Grand has it all?

Met at the airport - which is always so lovely and a great start. Checked in with the best reception staff ever. Cases taken to the room (and incidentally this is not done for tipping reasons this is done for top service reasons!) Shopping in St Helier completed (a short walk along the esplanade) back in the evening for pre dinner drinks in the Champagne Lounge and then a fantastic dining experience in the Michelin start restaurant Tassili.
Lovely leisurely breakfast with staff who remember what you drink and eat. More shopping and then beautiful treatments in the gorgeous Spa. Can highly recommend the Advanced Stones back massage and facial - out of this world!
The rooms are well appointed with tea & coffee making facilities (which are topped up if you require,) bottles of complimentary water in the fridge. Top of the range toiletries in the bathrooms, robes, slippers etc etc - everything you would expect from a 5* hotel - but what stands out the most is, as always the staff. When I read some of the reviews that mentions rude staff etc I find that almost insulting - if the Grand had nothing else it has the best staff who would do anything for you. Not all guests are polite and friendly and I have witnessed incredibly rude guests speaking to staff if they were something on their shoe - if I was the staff member I would probably tell the guest where to go - but no they are always so professional and polite - I take my hat off to you!

Thank you Grand Jersey for yet another truly lovely weekend.

Wishing all a Happy Christmas and a successful 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank TheMissingLink66
Dear guests,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at Grand Jersey and would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I will be circulating your comments through all the departments so that everyone is aware how much you enjoyed your stay.

Best wishes and I hope to see you again later in the year.

Regards,

#3 of 32 in St. Helier
Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St. Brelade

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!