“Fabulous,superb,excellent!!!”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous,superb,excellent!!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We chose this hotel for my mothers 80th birthday and what a true treat this was. I spoke to the hotel a number of times before their arrival and they couldn't do enough to help in particular Eamonn the general manager.He made sure that it truly was an exceptional break and something to be remembered. The room they stayed in was a free upgrade and was spacious and comfortable overlooking the seafront and the castle. Although there is a road at the front it is quiet at night so sleep isn't disturbed!!

The breakfast selection is plentiful and of a very high standard with plenty of choice.

My mother used the spa and said it was a fantastic experience, in fact she is still talking about it!

The staff gave her a birthday card and they had fresh fruit in their room and a glass of champagne on the day.

I can't thank all of the staff enough for all they did for her and I can't recommend this hotel enough. I chose it because of an excellent review from another trip advisor and he was absolutely right they excelled themselves - thanks Grievesy!

Will we see them all in the new year, you bet we will! Thank you.

Room Tip: Worth an upgrade and stay on second floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dody100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel met all of our expectations and more. The hotel has been refurbished to a very high standard and our room was extremely comfortable, with plenty of tea/coffee/chilled water as required. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and were always on hand in the bar, breakfast room or in reception. The breakfast was first class with additional choices on the menu to have cooked freshly, So glad we did not chose the Radisson Blue as not a patch on this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Look this is a really nice hotel in an excellent location and if you’re looking for something special this place might be it but as a business traveller I found it not so good.
Excellent rooms that if you don't stay in high season are at a decent price, but I just found the staff so poor!
Bar staff looked at me gone out when I asked for a beer, no draft beers whatsoever off season; only in the summer made me feel a bit working class!
Next just getting out the shower and a strange woman walks into the room, couldn’t speak any English to me, something about is my room ok?? Asked her to leave.
Spoke to reception and was told ‘its all part of the turning down service’ and its all part of the ‘five star service’ and made me feel like I’d never staying in a decent hotel before. Oh and you can’t get wifi in the rooms either.
Best advice stay in the Raddison if your on business!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil S
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your constructive comments on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to hear that there were elements of your stay which you felt were not five star, and if you would like to discuss this in more detail then perhaps you would like to contact me.

Eamonn Elliott
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed overnight and loved every minute of it. A warm welcome by the reception staff, a clean and luxury room with a great view of St Aubins bay. A comfortable bed and a bathroom with a heated mirror which i had never seen before, it's the little things. We had a full breakfast and when we ordered a hot chocolate it came in it's own tea pot which was a nice touch. My wife used the spa and afterwards commented that it was the best spa she had ever used and she has been in a few ;-) She said the girls were lovely. Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: We had room 111 which had a balcony and a great view of the bay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear guest,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at Grand Jersey recently and really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is always so rewarding when our guests leave with such lovely memories of their stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Surrey
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband booked us into the Grand Hotel in Jersey for my birthday, and what a treat, we had a lovely sea view looking out onto Elizabeth Castle, and we were within walking distance of all the shops and Restaurants. I cannot fault the Hotel at all, the rooms were beautifully decorated, comfortable with everything you needed. The Hotel staff were so friendly and helpful, and the breakfast had everything from cereals, meats, cheeses, cooked and lovely fresh bread, really set you up for the day. My husband treated us both to facials, I must admit it was lovely one of the best I have had in a while, and both therapist were very good and friendly.
If you want a relaxing few days away then this Hotel is a must, I had such a wonderful time and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

I am so pleased that you and your husband had such a wonderful stay with us, and I am sure you have taken home with you some special memories from your trip to Jersey.

I shall make sure that all of the team are aware of the lovely feedback you have given us, and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed 4 nights with my family and we had a great time. The staff were very friendly, the breakfasts were superb and the manager took the time to chat with us and make sure we had everything we needed. Hreat location with all the buses going round the island and to the airport.

Room Tip: sea views are great but more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Indiewheel
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

I am delighted that you and your family had such a lovely stay with us and I very much hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards,

United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is located about 5 mins from town centre and opposite the beach with a busy road in between. View is pretty good and I think it is worth upgrading to a sea view room.
Our room was clean, comfortable and recently decorated. Sadly our view was slightly marred by a clouded double glazing unit, not what you expect in a 5 star hotel.
Bathroom was compact but modern and had a good shower. Only one small bottle of shampoo between two of us, I'm sure they would have brought more had we asked.

Reception was busy but staff were friendly and welcoming.

restaurant was also busy but the menu was good and staff were helpful. There are lots of other restaurants in the streets round the hotel.

Free wifi in the room which is great.

I would go back but it's definitely not a 5 star when compared to other 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room on a higher floor to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gill63
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Grand Jersey on TripAdvisor. I have noted all of your constructive feedback and will look into the issues you raised.

On a positive note, I am so pleased that you found our staff to be efficient and friendly, and I shall pass your compliments on to the team.

I hope that we will see you again in 2013.

Charlotte
#3 of 32 in St. Helier
Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St. Brelade

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!