Very superficial. Cannot acknowledge it's 5 star status.
My room (4) had a window looking out onto a mass of metal ducting which was covered in anti-pidgeon netting. This netting was successfully supporting quite a bit of rubbish - empty bottles, packets etc.
Wednesday morning saw a hot water issue - not even tepid water in the showers.
The vent fan in the bathroom runs on for 20 minutes after the light is turned off - and sounds like a pneumatic drill, thus making getting back to sleep difficult.
The toilet flush lasts about 1.5 seconds - hardly enough time to flush a tissue away.
Was reception interested? Not at all.
The lack of water was "unfortunate and inconvenient";
I was blanked at the mention of the "view" and the bathroom fan, and when I asked whether they ever inspected their rooms for usability, I was told - we are always fully booked so we depend upon customer complaints.
Wow ! - a new concept in customer care - maintain 5 star status by being totally reactive (but my guess is nothing will be done about the third world type view or the noisy fan, and I'm sure I dont hear anymore from them).
Not all service was reactive: if you like the concept of fuedal vassaldom, this could be the place for you. Their conciege nearly broke his neck trying to grab my bag to carry it 7 yards to the reception desk. Needless to say I didn't accept his over zealous "offer".
The bed was comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St. Helier