1,878 results
All reviewschampagne barelizabeth castlepark viewvictoria restauranttassili restaurantsea viewfive star hotelsmall balconylovely hotelsea frontrelaxation roomsteam roomfirst classmain restaurantnothing is too much troublemain roadshort break
Reviewed August 18, 2012

A recent stay at the Grand Jersey Hotel was rather disappointing.
On check in I was advised, without asking, that we had been "up- graded" from a de luxe park view room to a sea view room.
This was a joke as it had the smallest window I have come across. Although it did have a sea view, it was a very dark room even with the lights on. It was small & rather pokey, built in to the roof & I had to duck walking about to prevent banging my head on the sloping ceiling - certainly not 5 star although it had been re-furnished to a high degree.
I think that there was a nightly turn down service but the only thing that was evident each night was that the curtains had been half drawn but nothing else was done.
The concierge department was however 5 star & they were very helpful.
There is nowhere to sunbathe & the swimming pool is indoors & although it is a lovely pool - there is no daylight & it is extremely gloomy with very low lighting.

Room Tip: Avoid room 323
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent most of my time here in the first and second quarter of 2012. If you are given or booked into deluxe or double rooms then it is good. Avoid single bedrooms here at any cost. The hotel staff are very good and helpful, especially the staff at the breakfast hall are excellent. Basically you will be looked after very well at the Grand.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank coonbear
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I booked a Suite Room for a 13 day holiday to Jersey and thought it would be the ideal place to stay.

The location of the hotel is not great as it is on a main road but the view of the ocean is lovely and is in a very short walking distance to the town. Car parking facilities are abysmal but to be fair the concierge boys looked after us impeccably as they always made sure we had an allocated space for us to park our vehicle, although we did find the concierge manager rather miserable.

Staff in the hotel were not generally very friendly or welcoming, there were a few that were exceptional who we had dealt with but you could definitely see a difference in service, there seemed to be a a lack of atmosphere within the hotel but I think that was due to the staff. I think due to the laid back attitude of the staff this did reflect in the service which was slow at times but generally good.

This hotel is expensive, I would categorically state that this is definitely NOT a 5 star hotel, it has been rated to this level purely due to the Spa facilities.

Our Suite was clean and decoratively very contemporary but the facilities were very dated and the bathroom was quite tatty. The bed was very comfortable which was reassuring as we were going to be in this hotel for nearly 2 weeks so this was imperative!! The rooms were very clean but I found it frustrating as they did not have Wi-Fi in the rooms and was only available in the hotel's lounges, you could however get internet access via an ethernet cable (if you happen to have packed one!!!).

The hotel has a fantastic Champagne Lounge that had perfectly appropriate music playing in the background and where we spent a considerable amount of time, you can read, chill out, GET WI-FI, have a cocktail or lunch or just stare at the ocean and watch the world go by. 5/5 for this area of the hotel.

There are two restaurant's in this hotel and whilst we were there we became the first people to have a meal in the newly awarded Michelin Star Restaurant Tassili the food was sublime, we had eaten in this restaurant several times before the award and the food was always flawless. The food in the other restaurant on the other hand was dreadful and not acceptable, I found it hard to get my head round the distinctive contrast between the two. The breakfast was average not top quality as you would have expected from a 5 star hotel and also limited choices .

The Grand Jersey is a nice hotel and well worth a visit but it does need vast improvement in many areas in my opinion. We would definitely stay again but would not rush back in the near future. The Grand Jersey need to use the same template as their sister hotel Bovey Castle which is based in Devon and emulate their level of standard and service. We have stayed at Bovey Castle on numerous occasions and have loved it!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Samantha R
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booked at the last minute for a 3 night break. Arrived in Jersey in the evening and was impressed when we pulled up at the hotel and immediately were greeted by the concierge offering to park our car and take our luggage inside. Just had a snack on the terrace as it was fairly late and was impressed that they made the effort to put blankets out for people who were getting a little chilly with the night air. Good food. Good Service. Room very tastefully decorated and clean but rather small. Had everything you needed though including robes and slippers. Didn't have time to use the spa so good excuse to go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim A
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hotel is nice. Car park is very small and whist they don't advertise valet parking they will park car for you. Air con is noisy but at least they have it!

No mini bar in the room disappointing.
Wifi is free but weak signal in my room 141.
A bit on the expensive side and not as nice as other five star hotels we have styled at., but nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business