My husband and I booked a Suite Room for a 13 day holiday to Jersey and thought it would be the ideal place to stay.
The location of the hotel is not great as it is on a main road but the view of the ocean is lovely and is in a very short walking distance to the town. Car parking facilities are abysmal but to be fair the concierge boys looked after us impeccably as they always made sure we had an allocated space for us to park our vehicle, although we did find the concierge manager rather miserable.
Staff in the hotel were not generally very friendly or welcoming, there were a few that were exceptional who we had dealt with but you could definitely see a difference in service, there seemed to be a a lack of atmosphere within the hotel but I think that was due to the staff. I think due to the laid back attitude of the staff this did reflect in the service which was slow at times but generally good.
This hotel is expensive, I would categorically state that this is definitely NOT a 5 star hotel, it has been rated to this level purely due to the Spa facilities.
Our Suite was clean and decoratively very contemporary but the facilities were very dated and the bathroom was quite tatty. The bed was very comfortable which was reassuring as we were going to be in this hotel for nearly 2 weeks so this was imperative!! The rooms were very clean but I found it frustrating as they did not have Wi-Fi in the rooms and was only available in the hotel's lounges, you could however get internet access via an ethernet cable (if you happen to have packed one!!!).
The hotel has a fantastic Champagne Lounge that had perfectly appropriate music playing in the background and where we spent a considerable amount of time, you can read, chill out, GET WI-FI, have a cocktail or lunch or just stare at the ocean and watch the world go by. 5/5 for this area of the hotel.
There are two restaurant's in this hotel and whilst we were there we became the first people to have a meal in the newly awarded Michelin Star Restaurant Tassili the food was sublime, we had eaten in this restaurant several times before the award and the food was always flawless. The food in the other restaurant on the other hand was dreadful and not acceptable, I found it hard to get my head round the distinctive contrast between the two. The breakfast was average not top quality as you would have expected from a 5 star hotel and also limited choices .
The Grand Jersey is a nice hotel and well worth a visit but it does need vast improvement in many areas in my opinion. We would definitely stay again but would not rush back in the near future. The Grand Jersey need to use the same template as their sister hotel Bovey Castle which is based in Devon and emulate their level of standard and service. We have stayed at Bovey Castle on numerous occasions and have loved it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St. Helier