1,881 results
All reviewschampagne barelizabeth castlepark viewvictoria restauranttassili restaurantsea viewfive star hotelsmall balconylovely hotelsea frontrelaxation roomsteam roomfirst classmain restaurantnothing is too much troublemain roadshort break
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hi - we had a lovely time here! Hotel is right by the main dual carriage way but has great sea views. Rooms nice - we were lucky to get a sea view - but would specify that as the non sea view rooms can look over a dull courtyard with air conditioning pipes. Spa nice - but a bit dark. Breakfast great and staff all lovely. Nice champagne bar and outdoor bar/restaurant - although service a bit sketchy. St Helier is not the most beautiful of towns but is a good central location for exploring Jersey. Buses are great but don't get caught out by hoping to get the last bus back from St Brelade as will be full on a sunny day - but taxis are cheap!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Devonscone
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments regarding your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

Quality of service and friendly but professional customer service is what we strive to achieve and I am delighted that you found our hotel, overall, to meet your requirements.

Any constructive comments are always fed back to the individual departments in order for us to improve on the service we provide and I will be doing this with your review.

I very much hope that you will decide to return to Grand Jersey in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a week at Grand Jersey St Helier. We had a thoroughly good time. The room and bathroom were a bit basic although it was a de luxe room with sea view. The sea-view was teriffic and the staff everywhere were always helpful, kind and considerate. They arranged a hire car for us and without question they always parked it for us in their carpark. The hotel food was brilliant and providing you didn't go in the posh restaurant, not too expensive. There were plenty of good restaurants within easy walking distance. The concierge would always ring the restaurant for us and arrange for us to eat out !!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Once again stayed at the Grand Jersey on business. Once again I failed to make use of the spa so I won't comment on that!

I booked a sea view room and was upgraded to a suite which was a nice touch but not that useful for a business trip. The suite was absolutely huge and the front room faces the sea which leaves the bedroom to be quite dark and cosy - thus easy to sleep.

Breakfast delcious as before and staff very helpful.

Only complain would be the wifi which is basically useless as it is so slow.

I'll definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
MelissaCrowther, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank your for your constructive comments regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased that as a returning corporate guest you are satisified with your room allocation - regarding the wi-fi situation, this is now in the process of being upgraded throughout the entire hotel and therefore, by the time of your next visit, this will no longer be an issue.

I very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and it would be wonderful if you can allow some extra time for you to make use of our award winning spa - if we can be of any assistance organising this then please contact us prior to your visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2012

we stay for a long weekend , amazing place , very good room with sea view.
very clean , very professional staff always with a smile.
lovely swimming pool , jacuzy and sauna ,
everything nearby , amazing views .

Room Tip: best we stay , sea view .
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your long weekend at Grand Jersey recently.

Our staff are always extremely pleased to hear when guests have received great customer service and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to them.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Jersey in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed at The Grand last year with my Mum for her 80th Birthday and returned in May with my husband. The staff are lovely, very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is worthy of the 5 stars. The spa is a great treat. The hotel has a list of DVD's to choose from and so we took advantage of this and used the private cinema one evening. One of the restaurants Tassili has a michelin star and we treated ourselves to a meal there. We opted for the three course and I went for the wine flight, which provides a glass of wine to compliment the courses. What a wonderful experience and reasonably priced too. You even get to see the chef at the pass via a video link which was fascinating. The hotel overlooks Elizabeth Castle and is a short walk into town. There is a bus stop almost outside. The breakfast is buffet style and there is a great variety. Our room overlooked the park. Only downside was we were near the lift and stairs and some bright spark knocked on our door in the small hours as a joke. We could also hear the tv from the room next door which was a pain but was turned down when we complained. There is a fridge in the room and ample tea, coffee, still or sparkling water and a safe in each room. There are also blackout curtains and our room was well appointed with nice bathroom. Really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to all concerned. We had a lovely belated Anniversary break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from lift and stairs, as this seems to be the target room for jokers knocking on the door in the early hours and they make their get away before you can catch them!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am delighted that you have had another wonderful stay at Grand Jersey - it is always lovely to welcome back guests year after year and we as a hotel always strive to offer an exceptional customer service - especially when we know that guests are celebrating birthdays, anniversaries etc!

I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our Michelin star restaurant, Tassili - and I am sure you that you will returning home with wonderful memories from your anniversary break.

I very much hope that we will be seeing you again next year and I would personally like to meet you when you do return.

Warmest regards,