“Grand choice.”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
BRISTOL
“Grand choice.”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We chose this hotel not only for it's quality but also for it's location as the purpose of our visit was to see the Jersey Airshow which would take place directly in front of the hotel.On arrival we were checked in and given a quick tour by the receptionist to familiarise us with the facilities. A nice touch. Our room, was a Deluxe Park View, a very good size with a full size bath and shower and reasonable views of the sea, a tip worth remembering.The hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful and polite.The food in the restaurant was of a high standard although very expensive. It is more affordable to venture out to other restaurants. (The Old Smugglers Inn at Ouaisne Bay has become a firm favourite , see separate review).The only negative point was that a private party took over the lounge bar and terrace to watch the display. We booked the hotel with a view to using this terrace ourselves but at no time were we informed that this area was privately booked. We therefore walked to the seafront to watch the display,but as the weather resulted in it being cancelled we returned to the hotel with the intention of having lunch in the lounge instead but found it crammed full with some very "intoxicated" people from the party.This gave us the feeling that the facilities we had paid for were denied to us.The upside to this was that we enjoyed a superb champagne tea in our room.The room service was very prompt.

To sum up, overall we were happy with our choice and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe park view as this also gives you a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MERLION04
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of Grand Jersey with us, we are most grateful for your wonderful comments.
I have shared your review with the rest of the team who are equally as pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
I have also taken your points on board regarding the Air Display, please rest assured we will address these issues for future events.
Thank you again for your review, I hope to see you at Grand Jersey again soon.
Kindest regards,
Eamonn Elliott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
Lincolnshire uk
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were able to get into our room on arrival.Had a nice room looking over to the castle.
Used the spa area each day, and had treatments on 2 days found the staff really great in there. Good food in the resturant and also room service.
We were on the Diamond & Pearl week end which was really special, well organised and great fun.We did book an extra night. I will visit again I am sure may even take my husband next time. In all the staff were very nice a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Grand Jersey and thank you for sharing this experience with others.
I have passed your wonderful comments on to the Spa team who are very grateful for your remarks.
I hope you enjoyed the indulgent 'Diamonds and Pearls' tours around Jersey and I will of course pass your comments on to the other establishments involved.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Jersey in the future.

Eamonn Elliott
co. cork ireland
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My elderly parents and I arrived at this hotel on Saturday morning. I had booked a single room for myself and on opening the door of the bedroom was nearly choked by the smell of smoke. It was sickly. I am not a smoker and the website stated no rooms available for smokers! Imagine my horror to then discover a tiny, pokey and dark room with a bed like a hammock - soft with a hole in the middle. The carpet was filthy and I found hairs in the sink of a bathroom you could hardly close the door of. The bath was about half the length of a normal one and no hot water came from the sink tap. I had a word with the receptionist who apologised and offered me an up-grade the following day when they had some available rooms. So, stuck in my little box-room, I nearly cried myself to sleep (fitfully). The smell of smoke was nearly unbearable.They should be embarrassed to expect anyone to PAY to stay in ROOM 5 as it was an utter disgrace. I stayed in the "upgraded" bedroom the next night which was okay but claustrophobic being dark and masculine in decor.
We ate in the brasserie which was extremely good, breakfast was ordinary. I moved hotels for the last two nights of the holiday.
I found the waiters hard work as they are not natives and seemed to have very little engagement with customers.
This hotel could do with some direction from the top in my opinion. Go stay at the Atlantic and see how they treat people......... So, before anyone from the hotel leaves a little reply saying I should have mentioned all this at the time, I DID and received very little for my effort.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank nicolaCo_CorkIreland
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Jersey with us. I appreciate the constructive comments you have raised and rest assured these will not be taken lightly.

I have discussed the points you raised with the relevant departments and we will aim to rectify the issues you have raised immediately.

I would like to thank you for your compliments of Victorias Brasserie and hope you will return to Grand Jersey for an improved experience in the future.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Lovely hotel with luxury bathroom together with lovely toiletries. The beds were the most comfortable that I have ever slept in a hotel. The facilities in the room were excellent, as they were throughout the rest of the hotel. The choice at breakfast was wide and varied to cover every taste
The level of service was very professional, helpful and very friendly. I would like to especially thank Carmel, Eva, Dennis and Hugo who helped to make our stay so enjoyable. It was my birthday during my stay so the birthday card and bowl of fruit was such a lovely touch. We would recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin H
Dear guest,

We are extremely grateful for your lovely review of Grand Jersey. I have of course passed your comments on to the team and Carmel, Eva, Dennis and Hugo have asked me to pass on their sincere thanks for your kind words.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Grand Jersey again in the future, perhaps for another birthday celebration!

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed her over the August Bank holiday after getting a good deal on Last Minute.We had a suite facing the park and the room was pleasant enough with sky tv and a modern bathroom.The balcony was disappointing with a concrete wall in front of the chairs and quite windy as it blows in from the sea(this is to be expected).My gripe with this establishment was the service,on arrival my wife made coffee with the inroom facilities,on pouring into a cup the cup had a split and he coffee went all over the floorand table,Ringing reception was told another cup would be sent up,no enquiry as to the health of my wife(if she had been scolded).We were meeting friends in the champagne lounge and upon their arrival ordered two Bloody Mary's,the waitress then proceeded to tip the contents over my male friend and myself.Thankfully wife wife and the female friend were not touched as this would have been a disaster.The waitress apologised profusely but then added "it was only tomato juice"!!surely the worse thing to tip over you.Anyway on checkout they still wanted to charge for the replacement drinks which we complained about.Small things like having to ask three times for a bill, or asking to see the restaurant menu and the guy walking off and not coming back really make a difference between a 5 star establishment and the rest and sadly this place is not there yet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rustyruss67
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey; I appreciate you sharing your constructive opinion of the hotel with us.

I apologise for the fact that the service you received was not up to our usual five star standards. This is obviously unacceptable and I will discuss the points you have raised with the team in order to prevent these issues in the future.

Thank you again for your review. I hope you will return to Grand Jersey in the future.

Kindest regards,
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Fabulous service, luxury and very knowledgeable waiting staff, try the Michelin restauarant it was excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely appreciate your kind words.

The team in our fine dining restaurant Tassili have also asked me to express their gratitude for your remarks, they are extremely grateful.

We hope to welcome you back to Grand Jersey again soon.

Kind regards,
Eamonn Elliott,
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel was of a high standard with rooms well maintained. We stayed for five nights and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We would highly recommend this hotel as a base to see the island.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Grand Jersey. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and all the staff are very grateful for your kind words.
I hope to welcome you back to Jersey again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Helier
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#4 of 32 in St. Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!