“Lovely Luxury Hotel”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I found an Internet deal so decided to try the Grand Jersey when I recently visited friends on the island. It did not disappoint.

With the deal I paid the same for a single room here as I normally would in the 3 star hotel I have previously stayed at. However I suspect I was not actually in a single room as it quite large, with a double bed and two of everything. The room was beautifully presented and had all expected amenities.

Breakfast was a buffet in the hotel restaurant. There was a wide choice of food.

The spa was lovely and the pool was never too busy.

• Stayed: August 2011
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay at Grand Jersey. We appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa

Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel was everything we had hoped, it is just such a shame about the location.
We had never visited Jersey before and we assumed that St Helier would be a good base to stay as we had planned to use a hire car.

The location of the hotel is on the sea front but there is a busy road between the hotel and the beach. We visited the castle on the beach which we could see from our sea view room.
The castle can be visited on foot when the tide is out.
Across the road from the hotel seems to be more of a business area - there are also a lot of luxury flats which we assume locals live in and then there is a cinema, fast food chains etc (not very pretty)

When we drove around the Island we realised we had most likely chosen one of the worst locations especially as we had a hire car- St Brelades bay for example is gorgeous.

The hotel itself is clean, the meals are good, spa facilities excellent - the staff are very courteous too.

In conclusion a great hotel if you could pick it up and move it to a different part of the Island !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank coconut_8

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and sincerely hope you will return in the fuure.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were booked on the Luxury Spa Escape, a package which included two nights D, B & B, return airport transfers and two 2 hour spa treatments each. This is/was a good value package, particularly as we were lucky enough to be upgraded to an Ocean View Suite. This was a fabulous room, and we were very grateful to the staff for putting us in there.

Food was not as special as we'd hoped, with service in the restaurant a little inefficient. It took nearly 50 minutes for our deserts to arrive on the second night, and portions were of the "less is more" school of thought and were eaten in barely a minute, making the long wait feel totally pointless. The restaurant was not busy and this was unacceptable. However, given our room upgrade it would have been invidious to moan too much. Plates at the breakfast buffet were stone cold (even though stored under heat lamps). The buffet food was very tasty, but at best lukewarm, and having warm plates would seem to be a quick and easy step in the right direction given the many comments on tripadvisor with regard to the tepidity of the cooked breakfast buffet items.

Bar a couple of rather miserable individuals in Victoria's Resturant, the staff were quite excellent: well trained, generous with their time and very friendly. The spa treatments were very good, the spa facilities were fine, but nothing in this area was truly spectacular which, given the accolades which have come their way, I was expecting.

All in all, if you can get a deal and you are fortunate enough to get a good room there is much to enjoy at the Grand Jersey. But paying full rate there were a few too many things which weren't quite up to scratch to justify the pretty hefty price tags. I would say this is one of those places which you ought to visit and make up your own mind - there are sufficient really good things to hopefully guarantee an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ocean View Suite was truly stunning - though at a price on the rack rate
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mordrydd
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey; I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit.

I have passed your comments regarding Victorias and the cuisine on to our food and beverage department and we will address these as a team. I would like to thank you for raising these constructive points.

I would also like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff. I appreciate your kind words and have passed these on to the team.

I sincerely hope you will return to Grand Jersey in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The staff are very obliging and the General Manager Eamon made us feel so welcome as though we are old friends. Breakfast was very good and the outside terrace offers a great selection of food and beverages. Will definately go back again next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Jersey with us, I am exceptionally grateful for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Jersey again next year.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Having just gotten back today from the 5 Star Grand Jersey Hotel in St Helier, I had to let you all know of my most wonderful stay there.

The staff were most obliging, nothing was ever too much for them. They made me feel most welcome, as if I was the only person staying there. I saw they did this with everyone who stayed with them as well.

You can see the hotel has been modernised, while retaining it's original charm. My room, a single, had everything I could want from a 5 star hotel room, was clean, and extremely comfortable.

The White Company soaps and shampoos were an added luxury, along with the robe and slippers.

I can't wait to book again for next August and recommend you do too. Well worth the price.

OH! And it is within 5 minutes walk to the centre of town and the cinema.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank vacationernw

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of Grand Jersey, we are flattered by your kind comments and are thoroughly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Jersey in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I am fortunate enough to travel and stay in fine hotels due to my job, this was a holiday stay and what a let down. The hotel is very average indeed, for a standard room with sea view cost £900 for 4 nights, the room was definately standard, holiday inn's have more to them. The room smelt of dam and the pillows even worse(sweat smell) to be fair they changed the pillows when we asked. The sea rooms overlook the main road into St Hellier so if you like fresh air at night good luck trying to sleep. The hotel has a nice spa with some nice features and the staff are pleasant but overall for what you pay this hotel does not deliver. Certainly not 5 Star.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank gjw77

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey. I am sorry to hear that your time with us was not all you expected.

I will pass on the constructive points you raised to the team and we will work to ensure these issues do not arise again.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, we sincerely hope you will return to Grand Jersey in the future and give us the opportunity to provide you with a true reflection of our five star service.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Very disappointed in this 5* hotel. Although the room was lovely, it felt very cramped due to the fact they squeezed in a bed for our son. The noise coming from the busy main road did not help either. Also, the lighting in the Spa and Pool area was down so low that it was an accident waiting to happen. The breakfast was another disappointment, no choice of fruit juice, quality of cooked buffet very poor. and ordering from the menu seemed to take forever. The only positive was the staff who were very polite. Sorry, but won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jbskyle

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent visit to Grand Jersey.

I appreciate the constructive comments you have raised and I will be discussing these with the relevant departments in order to find a solution wherever possible.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and would hope that you will return to Grand Jersey in the future for an improved experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Helier
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#5 of 32 in St. Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!