“Best Week Ever!!!”

Jersey Surf School
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Week Ever!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My son, a 12 year old into x-box, had nothing lined up this week over the holidays and we suggested going along to the surf camp which ran from 9-3 daily. He was excited about it, but also a little concerned as he was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and wasn't sure how he'd cope out on the water. He nor I had no need to worry, Sam, George and Scott were great teachers and made sure Dan had everything he needed before setting off into the surf! We had really high winds this week following on from Hurricane Bertha, but this made it even 'more fun' according to Dan. He had a great week and can't wait to go surfing again!! He was unable to stand on a surf board on day one without a wipeout, but today, just five days later, he was out with Sam, Scott and George in deeper water, managed to stand up and gave George a 'high five' whilst riding the wave - very impressed!! Thanks to you all for a great week. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited August 2014

“Kids surf party”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We booked a summer surf party for my daughter and her friends. It was a great experience and everybody enjoyed it.
Unfortunately, the Jersey summer weather broke the weekend before and we caught the end of Hurricane Bertha! George and the team kept in touch with us regarding conditions and confirmed that it was safe for the party to go ahead.
The instructors were excellent. They had a mixed bunch of thirteen 11-year-old girls – some had surfed before, but for many this was their first time. The instructors briefed them on safety and how to surf, and gave them the confidence to take to the water in fairly wild conditions.
It all seemed safe and really well controlled by the two instructors in the water. The girls had great fun and all of them managed to stand on their board and ride the waves in to shore – a real buzz!

Highly recommended.

Visited August 2014
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Family surf lesson - great fun, great teaching and support”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was a little sceptical at first when my brother booked a family surfing lesson for us, his two children (12 and 10 years old) and my other nephew (6 3/4). My brother and I are both middle aged office workers, and I am not Elle McPherson, so I had my doubts. However it was brilliant. George's team are welcoming, practical and efficient. Scott was our main coach. He did an excellent general intro and safety briefing - which is important as St Ouen's Bay is amazing but has some strong currents and can be dangerous. He then taught us the basics and off we went. We were joined by Kirsty, who helped my youngest nephew and I - this was very reassuring as, while we can all swim, it was reassuring to see how much thought they were putting into making sure it was safe and enjoyable for all of us, without it being remotely namby-pamby. This was a real treat and a fantastic experience. I would recommend this surf school to anyone who has kids to keep occupied this summer. And for those adults who think surfing won't be your bag, I would say give it a try - it's great fun to do this as a family, it really works. Miles of smiles.

Visited July 2014
Whiteley, United Kingdom
“Great afternoon surfing”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked a large group of friends in to go surfing with Jersey Surf School a few months before our arrival. We turned up on the day slightly hung over and in the pouring rain. At that moment I don't think I was terribly popular with the group. However George and his team got us quickly organised, into wetsuits and down on the beach for a quick warm up. Everyone promptly forgot about the rain and proceeded to have a great lesson learning to surf. They had a good number of instructors in the water making sure everyone got the most out of the lesson.

Would thoroughly recommend.

Visited July 2014
“Roxy Day”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I attended a Roxy day on Sunday and the girls who took the event were brilliant and really made it a great day out. I had a really fun time. I am now planning on signing up for the 12 week yoga/surf event every Tuesday evening with them so I can practice surfing and yoga as I'm just starting out on both. Can't wait:) I really recommend the Roxy day to any girls who have an interest in yoga/ surfing or anyone who is already doing surfing but would like to meet like minded people and have fun.

Visited May 2014