“Fabulous value, friendly service - get down there!”
Review of The Blue Ocean

The Blue Ocean
Ranked #101 of 240 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here for my wife's birthday meal, and it was the best meal we had during the break, as well as the least expensive. The restaurant is at the back of the fish market, and we found it only because we did a rescue earlier in the day to check out the other restaurant at the other end of the market, which gets good reviews I can't comment on the other one, but idiots better than this, I'll be astonished - the food was exceptional - I had grilled sea bass, which I've had in some very expensive (and good) Jersey restaurants, and this was at least as good. They have a genuine 50% off the bill deal in the week, subject o your ordering 2 vegetable sides that you'd probably order anyway, and the bill was under £30 a head including wine. If you like fish, friendly service and all round value, go there, and enjoy! Guys - I said I always review on here, so there you go -you did great, so thanks ( you were better than the show we went to see by a mile!)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This restaurant is Portuguese, the food, I thought was excellent, one of the group had been earlier in the week and said her meal wasn't as good as before. I, and the rest of the group thought the food and service were very good. It was 50% at the time even the drinks, I think they might have upped the prices a bit, but I still thought it was excellent value.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Portuguese restaurant situated in the fish market in St Helier - perfect for lunch especially during the week when there was a 50% off your bill offer!!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This restaurant is not easy to find as it is at the back of the fish market, but it is well worth the search. The service is excellent but unhurried. The waiter wants you to enjoy your meal. Loving fish as we do it was terrific to have such a good choice, all prepared to order. We went back twice in four days; that should say it all!

1  Thank ReddOak
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We haven't been to our French/Portuguese restaurant as we do not live here but as soon as we went there in February we felt as though as we were at home. The aroma of the food and the service along with everything else was sublime. When we come back to Jersey later on this year, we will certainly be visiting this restaurant again.