“Fantastic meal”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nothing bad to say about this restaurant. Beautiful meal would definatley recommend if you like Portuguese food doesn't look much from outside but the food and service make up for it.

2  Thank Karen B

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a nice place to eat and stumbled upon this little gem. A 3 course meal at £15, reasonably priced drinks and the free olives & bread added to the exceptional value.

It was a quiet Monday night brightened up by great food and friendly staff. The starters of Mushrooms & Choritzo and Calamari (Portuguese style) were enough for a main course themselvesves. My wife had the Monkfish & Prawn Espetada and I went with the Meat Espetada for main course. This came with 4 large side dishes of mixed vegetables, chips, rice and fried maize, enough for a family meal let alone for 2 people. We followed this with Creme Brulee & Tirimasu.

If this is the standard of Portuguese cooking it certainly wont be the last time we have it.

If you are in St Helier I recommend you visit this fine eating establishment. You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was here with group of 4, had walked around looking for somewhere different and came across this place, was about 7:30pm on a Wednesday and the place was very empty so was a little concerned!

We were treated very friendly and orders taken for drinks and food promptly, we ordered 2 x starters to share (4) garlic mushrooms, OMG, best I ever had and enough to feed a family never mind 2!

Mains were stunning, a Tuna Steak an inch thick and the size of the plate, surf and turf with steak cooked to perfection and again huge, must have been 20oz, beef kebab (4 x huge fillets on a skewer) cooked to perfection, so tasty, chicken was amazing also. Also delivered was 4 huge side dishes, Chips, rice, salad and veg, these dishes where hardly touched as all portions were in our opinion to big!

In Summary, the food was stunning for all meals, huge portions, friendly and professional, chef came out and checked we were happy, which we were! I only give Tips when I think it is deserved and these got 20%

If I am ever back in Jersey this is on my list.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

After our meal here last night, my husband commented that it was "the best Portuguese meal I have ever eaten" ...and not just in Jersey, where we live, as we have visited Portugal and Madeira and enjoyed eating out there. The menu is traditional Portuguese with a modern twist and the wine list resonably priced.The calamari was tender and delicious and it was a delight, he said, not to have the ubiquitous deep fried heavy batter that so often spoils this dish. We are planning to entertain friends to a Portuguese meal and so espetada, the Portuguese giant kebab, was a must, and he went for the traditional beef...cut in large meaty chunks and as tender as could be. This is served with a range of vegetables, handy for me as I am vegetarian. This could be seen to be a handicap with this markedly meat and fish cuisine but I had a superb plate of mushrooms in garlic to start and for the main course accepted the suggestion of two plates to go with the espetada so that I could help myself to my husband's veggies...and very tasty they were too.
The style of the restaurant is minimalist and modern and the staff charming and helpful. The restaurant takes 50 covers and I was not surprised when I popped in on Saturday night to retrieve my forgotten scarf, that it was in full party mode with three celebrations expected. I also picked up a takeaway menu and plan to make use of it.

2  Thank thehannings
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got to sample this place on a 'Quids Inn' deal, so always good to try somewhere new with an offer.
Although the menu was slightly confusing (as in not very clear 'mixed fish skewer', 'portugese style quid'), the staff did explain in somewhat broken english (was like an interesting game of charades which made for quite a comedic impression of a monkfish;-) The food turned out to be a real treat. The garlic prawns looked very simplistic in nature but tasted beatiful and we agreed that they were best we had had in a long time! The portugese squid was in a beautiful tomato sauce and cooked perfectly and the 'mixed' fish skewer transpired to be just monkfish, but I wasn't complaining as it was beautifully cooked and in a delectable sauce.
The atmoshere was somewhat lacking, as although the decor is modern and stylish, its somewhat missing the 'portugese ambieance' to it. The lighting was to bright with no music and all in all it was somehat clinical (yes, I did miss the dulcit tones of a mediterranean beat). I think this may be due to the fact that its a newbie with a couple of little teething issues, but if they get these ironed out , am sure it will become a well loved and popular portugese restaurant..Will definately re-visit, if not just for the food...Hmmm...they did mention that they do take away....

2  Thank Katiedaily73