“Couple of tweaks and it would be perfect”
Review of Reguengo’s Restaurant - CLOSED

Reguengo’s Restaurant
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got to sample this place on a 'Quids Inn' deal, so always good to try somewhere new with an offer.
Although the menu was slightly confusing (as in not very clear 'mixed fish skewer', 'portugese style quid'), the staff did explain in somewhat broken english (was like an interesting game of charades which made for quite a comedic impression of a monkfish;-) The food turned out to be a real treat. The garlic prawns looked very simplistic in nature but tasted beatiful and we agreed that they were best we had had in a long time! The portugese squid was in a beautiful tomato sauce and cooked perfectly and the 'mixed' fish skewer transpired to be just monkfish, but I wasn't complaining as it was beautifully cooked and in a delectable sauce.
The atmoshere was somewhat lacking, as although the decor is modern and stylish, its somewhat missing the 'portugese ambieance' to it. The lighting was to bright with no music and all in all it was somehat clinical (yes, I did miss the dulcit tones of a mediterranean beat). I think this may be due to the fact that its a newbie with a couple of little teething issues, but if they get these ironed out , am sure it will become a well loved and popular portugese restaurant..Will definately re-visit, if not just for the food...Hmmm...they did mention that they do take away....

2  Thank Katiedaily73

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Well where do start......needed a really nice dinner on our last night on holiday and our original plans were scuppered. Taxi driver suggested we try the new restaurant near Blockbuster. We were greeted by the owner, Rui who welcomed us warmly. The choice of Portuguese wines was excellent and very reasonably priced. The quality of the food was first rate and not having had this type of cuisine before ordered a starter.I am told that traditionally, Portuguese food comes in large portions but we were not expecting this. First rate scallops wrapped in bacon with a delicate sauce was amazing and my prawn and steak kebabs were completely out of this world. Couldn't manage a dessert but looking at other customers choices, was quite disappointing on not having even a small space to fit one in.!! Restaurant only opened three months ago, I wish Rui and his team all the best for a successful business and look forward to visiting again. "Cracking!"

1  Thank manofkent1957
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were out walking and came upon this place - it was a great find! We were a little dubious about the location as it is down from a strip of bars, but I have to say I am so glad we tried it! The food was very good, service was excellent and we really liked the atmosphere as well - kind of upscale casual - you could dress casual or dressier and feel appropriately dressed.

We had the traditional prawn soup and the mussels to start followed by seabass cooked in salt (it was melt in your mouth delicious) - and the duck breast in port wine sauce which was sublime! Both mains were served with little Jersey potatoes that were roasted somehow and then flattened a bit - delectable!! The soup really wasn't my favourite (too mild in flavour for me) but my husband enjoyed it very much, and we both loved the mussels in tomato with garlic and coriander.

As with most restaurants in St Helier - it's always a good idea to book a table ahead of time!

I would definitely recommend and definitely will return when I am back in Jersey next year!

1  Thank schmunky-munky