“First time at the grill”

Ranked #5 of 10 Coffee & Tea in St. Helier
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoy the new or at least new to me Alfonso grill so much food so good leaving really happy.

I had the ribs which were great and the sausage also fantastic the espetadas was great my wife went for the beef

And half a chicken

Can’t wait to come back

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Friends and I came here for breakfast. No problem for them to accommodate 8 of us. Decent breakfast menu. I think as they had to cook 8 breakfasts it stretched them a bit as they all came out staggered times but was fine. Decent selection cakes. All in all ...pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Alfonso have moved from their place in Bath Street to a new location 50 metres away north.

Unfortunately the variety and taste of the cakes is not what it was last year with the passion fruit cake being bland and not tasting as good as last year although the heavy chocolate cake was moist, tasty and delicious. The coffee was weak.

For what we received, the prices were reasonable and not outstanding as before. My plea is that the bakery restore the quality from October 2016.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I am a great fan of Portuguese bakeries. Coming from the UK my main exposure to Portuguese patisserie has been Lisboa Patisserie in Notting Hill. You will also find pasteis de nata served around the capital. At Alfonso there is not the same range of pastries as there are at Lisboa or at most patisseries in Portugal. However, they make an excellent pasteis de nata, including very good-sized ones, that I have not previously seen in the UK or Portugal. The standard is the very best. You can taste the lemon peel in the custard. Baked to perfection. The large ones (about 12 cm in diameter and heavy) are £1.60 each. Given the pricing in St. Helier, these are absolutely great value.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We went to Alfonso's as it was near our hotel. Had some great fresh pizza and some nice coffee too. Daughter had some nice spaghetti Bolognese. Friendly staff and definitely a popular place for the Portuguese residents to meet up for coffee in. So good we will be back tomorrow to sample the cakes !