Firstly, the good things: (1). It's clean. Our rooms were cleaned daily and the common areas such as the bar were spotless. (2). It's modern. There are some nice furnishings and fittings -- we stayed in a superior room so we got some extras like an iPod dock and DVD player. There is also free WiFi throughout. (3). There is a lot of choice for breakfast and the quality is high.
(1). Our room was too hot. I asked at the reception if anything could be done about this (not hopeful as there was no air-conditioning in the room) and was offered a fan, which I declined as I couldn't see how blowing hot air around the room would help. Opening the window was not an option as:
(2). There was too much noise. Our room did not face the road but there was still too much noise from the traffic.
(3). The room, especially considering we were in a "superior" was way too small. There was enough room to walk around the bed but once two people are in there and you have your luggage, it's frustrating.
(4). There is parking but not enough so that each car has its own space. You have to block people in and then leave your car keys at the reception so that the staff can move your car to let people out. Fine if you've got a hire car but you might not be so keen if you're handing over the keys to your pride and joy!
(5). Location. It's a 10-15 minute walk into town, which is fine, especially if this your base for a business trip but holiday makers might feel the location is not very holiday-like (we preferred our previous location, which was near the sea and the harbour.
So, would I stay here again? No. On the surface it looks great but we found we didn't particularly enjoy our stay. I notice on TripAdvisor, the hotel is positioned as a "boutique" style hotel but in my opinion, this is more like an up-market Premier Inn, which makes it not particularly great value and more suited to a business traveller than someone looking for a base to explore Jersey. I'm slightly puzzled by the positive reviews on here -- perhaps we were unlucky with our room but overall I would not rate this hotel anything higher than "okay".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE INN is an award winning friendly boutique Hotel, Restaurant & Bar, a 10 minute walk into St Helier centre. The hotel has 36 beautifully decorated comfortable rooms, including suites, all with excellent modern facilities. Classic Rooms have hospitality tray, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, snack basket and safe. Superior rooms and Suites also have ipod docking station, DVD player, bathrobes and complimentary mineral water. Facilities within the hotel include an open plan bar, free WiFi, outside smoking terrace and free car parking facilities. THE INN also has a contemporary air-conditioned restaurant, very popular with locals, with an extensive menu including Specials which take full advantage of local produce.Our friendly team will always be on hand with attentive service, and guests always comment on our superb staff. Our customers are always our number one priority and we strive to offer everyone something very special at THE INN. THE INN is very proud to have retained a GOLD award from Visit Britain for the seventh year running, which recognises outstanding levels of quality, comfort, customer care and food. THE INN Restaurant also holds a Taste Jersey award.THE INN aims to be different to any other Hotel on the Island in terms of the ambiance and diversity of what we are offering. Look forward to seeing you soon! Please note we are situated on the outskirts of St Helier which is a busy town and some rooms may suffer from a little road noise at peak times. Our main car park is situated opposite the hotel and when full we ask guests to block in other cars and leave their keys at reception to enable us to move cars around, which we are insured for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Inn Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn Boutique Hotel St. Helier
- The Inn Boutique Jersey/St. Helier