“Nice friendly hotel”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
London, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed for one night and found the hotel to be of excellent standard. Rooms were comfy and nicely decorated and staff were friendly. The staff couldnt do enough for you. Would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Nic_star12
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi Nic_star 12

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We arrived Valentines night for three nights. Straight away the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for you. We were shown to our room which was spotless and beautifully decorated. We headed to dinner and had a special Valentines menu, ( four courses ) which included a cocktail. It was £35.00 per head and the food was amazing ( try the surf and turf, steak
and prawns - beautiful!! ). The restaurant and bar staff are fab, nothing is too much effort and they work very hard. Breakfast is lovely too, with lots of choice!!
There is a free car park across the road and you leave your keys at reception so they can move it around and fit everyone in!!
All on all a lovely hotel, wonderful staff and great food!! We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, we think you can upgrade but to be honest everything you need is all th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traceygarry
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Traceygarry

Thanks for your great review and I am so delighted you enjoyed your Valentines weekend with us.

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Evershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A two night stay was very pleasurable the rooms were clean and the superior room we chose was spacious. The staff could not do enough for you and NO pressure. A really pleasurable experience, I would strongly recommend staying at the Inn to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andonee
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Andonee

Thank you for the lovely things you have said about THE INN and our staff on Tripadvisor.

I know they will be as delighted as I am to read your review.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Very friendly staff, rooms equipped with everything, very good location near the town center, good reataurant and bar, excellent food
HOWEVER: Hotel is falling apart and desperately needs renovation. Window handles were broken and not closing properly against the terrible street noise, especially in daytime. Curtain rail not fixed properly. Carpet wornout. Uncomfortable pillows

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Svet-X
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Svet-X

Thank you for your review and the great things you have said about our team and food.

It was also a pleasure meeting you at reception when you gave me the impression that you had a faultless and enjoyable stay with us.

I was therefore so surprised and sorry to read less than 24 hours later in this review, that you had an issue with the window handles and curtain rail. These items are in the process of being dealt with during our annual maintenance programme and the room you stayed in is due to be handed over to our maintenance team next week. I do wish you had told us about your dissatisfaction with your room as we would have gladly moved you.

I can not see why you say the carpet is worn as it is of the highest quality, only 3 years old and on inspection I could not find it worn in any area.

I checked the pillows which were new in the 3rd quarter of last year and found them to be of excellent quality. Some people prefer harder/softer pillows and you only need to ask and we are happy to supply you with whatever is preferred.

In 2009 our property had a six figure refurbishment, it is well loved and looked after and although I agree that your room did need some minor maintenance, to put in your review that "we are falling apart and in need of renovation " is just not factual as the items that are being addressed no way reflect on the fabric and quality of the hotel.

Guernsey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here again for the 3rd year running, very good as always, just a couple of minor niggles. One of our party ordered breakfast with us but it was forgotten, no apology and the food was not up to scratch, very poor. Also please be wary in the mornings, no lay in here the empty the bottle bins at 8. But otherwise highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Beanjar51

Thanks for your review.

As I am sure you know from previous stays, guest experience is very important to us and I am so sorry on this occasion you feel that we let you down.

It is very difficult to give you an explanation as to what happened at breakfast without the full facts and I would be most grateful if you would email me stephen@theinnjersey.com giving full details so I can look into the reasons for the problem, make sure it doesn't happen again and give you a personal reply.

Regarding the glass collection, this occurs once a week and is operated by the Parish of St Helier.

They do normally come as late as possible and I will ask them again if they will continue to do so in the future.

I do thank you for your overall positive review and for bringing these issues to my attention and I hope that you will accept especially as you have stayed with us twice before, that your experience on this occasion is far from the norm.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Have had the pleasure of staying at The Inn twice now - first in September 2011 & then again in June 2012 and really love it.
Jersey is a beautiful place to visit!

It's very modern, rooms are lively. We've stayed in both a standard & superior room and they were both lovely & well equipped.

Staff are very friendly & helpful.

Location is very good, not far to walk into St Helier town centre. Parking can be a bit tricky as the hotel is on a main road & the car park is very small & tight. We did have to block cars in, along with other guests, so reception ask you to leave your keys with them so they can move your car if needed.
I don't really like doing this but they did move it & re-park it & all was fine.

Food is very tasty & affordable, same with drinks.

You can borrow DVDs for free from reception!

We would definitely recommend this hotel & are looking forward to returning soon :-)

• Stayed June 2012
Hi Jason Zoey T

Thanks for your lovely review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last year and thanks so much for taking the time to tell others.

Our staff read all these reviews and I know they will be delighted by your comments.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon

London
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here - especially as my business client had booked me into one of the hotel's penthouse suites!

Very comfortable - the suite has a raised seating area with sofa, chairs, coffee table and TV. This was used for a business meeting.

Had dinner at the hotel - the food was very good and the service was friendly and attentive.

Overall an excellent place to stay - and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul E
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hi Paul E

Thanks for your great review.

I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay at THE INN and that you liked your suite and our restaurant. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon on you next visit to Jersey.