“perfect break away”
Review of Hotel de France

Hotel de France
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Hotel quite a walk from town, and steep hill at the end but well worth the walk. Lovely reception area and staff most welcoming. Room was spacious and great view of the town. Meals good esp Saffrons very nice. Had two treatments each at Ayush spa massage and facial, wow would go again just for that and swimming pool lovely.
If i went to Jersey again i would stay here again and book a treatemnt in a flash

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WilmaB24

Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed in this hotel as my usual haunts on the island were all full. My first impression of the hotel was good. The room was a nice size with a decent bed and the shower in the morning had good water pressure. I didn't have time to use the spa facilities so I can't comment on them. My only gripe is that when I ordered my usual double espresso for breakfast I was told it would cost extra - I would not expect this in a four star hotel. I also was not able to put this extra cost on my room allowance as according to reception that was for dinner only. All in all its an ok hotel - but not really worth the extra walk so I will be staying elsewhere in future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank TravellingWitch
Reviewed June 12, 2010

recently returned from a five night stay at the hotel de france. The reception area of the hotel was very impressive and the staff were excellent. The leisure centre was well worth a visit and the pool was a big hit with our five year old Breakfast had a good selection but the quality was only average. The one thing reall y letting this hotel down is the food. Cafe Aroma was very expensive and expect to wait up to forty minutes for your food to arrive. Not good when you have 2 small hungry children. Overall this hotel is good but go into town to eat.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chocotuts
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Lovely building, not much to do at night time, plenty to do in St Helier, restaurant facilities in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired, food cooked in Aroma's was adequate, service was appalling i am still waiting for my wine. I recommend eating out. Hotel was very clean. My room was very tired, one of the lifts was out of action the whole time i stayed. Cocktail bar was good value, parking is an issue, car park seems to be full of Jersey people using the pool. Eat breakfast out as in my opinion it was poor. I was looking for a high quality experience stay, sadly this was not the case. It pays to read all reviews before you take a holiday

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank centre-of-the-line
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This is a large, functional hotel, comfortable with good leisure facilties. We stayed as part of the Jersey International Motoring Festival so reliable & secure parking was important and that's exactly what we got. Our double room was spacious, clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We walked into St Helier (about 15-20 mins) each evenimg to eat, so can't comment on the restaurant, but breakfast buffet was good and the service efficient. All in all this is a very adequate hotel and I can't think of any reason why not to stay here assuming the room rate is reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill A
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed here for a four day break. The room was clean and comfortable and of expected standard for a 4 star hotel. Breakfast buffet was good and staff attentive. Cafe Arome was a good choice for evening meal or afternoon tea but tables were limited considering it was a 300 room hotel. Saffrons the only fine dining restaurant and again small, was a pricey way of eating curry! Our particular grouse was that there was only a small lounge bar, which happened to be adjacent to Saffrons, where a post dinner drink could be enjoyed. We gave up. Drinks are available in Cafe arome but it is not to everyone's taste to sit on stools in a bistro. The alternative eating is a fifteen minute stroll down town - not much good on a wet Sunday evening!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AEAEngland
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We went to Jersey for a family event, and Hotel de France looked perfect. The location behind a very modern building was weird.. really is hidden.. Hotel staff very pleasant.
The rooms where tired, and could do with a make over. The lift with the glass, could do with a good clean. We arrived at 5pm on Saturday, and decided to have a cocktail before we went out.. not in this hotel.. bar did not open until 7pm - all we had was the cafe, and a glass of wine. The terrace of the cafe outside was pleasant, but not what we wanted, and not what you expect of a 4 star!
We went for breakfast, and the breakfast room was much more like a canteen. Food however was good, and a good choice. We where going to stay here for 3 nights, and I am glad we did not.. 1 night was enough. Not the hotel for me.. I was looking for so much more from a 4 star!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
#5 of 32 in St. Helier
Longueville Manor
Longueville Manor
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour

Been to Hotel de France? Share your experiences!