“In need of decorating”
Review of The Revere Hotel

The Revere Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay here,although the rooms are very clean but they are in desperate need of a total redecoration,the wallpaper needs replacing and all woodwork requires painting.I stayed there during the recent hot weather and found the room extreamly hot and hard to sleep.
The breakfast though is proberly one of the best to have anywhere,and staff are very good and efficient.I know its olde world but if they were to redecorate they would have a very good hotel here.

2  Thank diver247

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have stayed in Jersey several times, always at four star hotels. Without doubt the Revere surpasses most, the restaurant food is tremendous with a wide and varied choice and the table staff are excellent. Special mention must be given to Mihai, Alexandra and Flavia for their attention, courteousness and professionalism. We had a ten day stay in room 46, on half board, our room was only a few steps from the pool. The service cannot be faulted from room cleaners to management, all are well mannered and nothing was too much trouble for them.
If you like period style buildings, then this is an excellent choice, there is plenty of comfortable sofas and chairs to relax and read or enjoy a drink. The hotel is situated only a few minutes walk from seafront or shops and the reception staff are happy to arrange any bookings for trips, taxis, etc. All in all the Revere is brilliant and we will br back again next year.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had to stay here for a second time due to work booking me here. The staff are friendly but the hotel itself isn't kind to people needing a decent night's sleep.

I found the rooms to be on the 'dirty' side of clean. The rooms were like saunas and the walls paper thin.

The whole place needs a revamp but I'm guessing the owners haven't got the money to bring it up to date.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank AlexHarte
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having travelled extensively, I can say, without doubt, this is one of the quaintest, loveliest hotels we have ever stayed at. The staff were amazingly friendly, from the reception to the bar and dining, plus 'behind-the-scenes' staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them; from the management down, they were happy to help.
The food in the restaurant was excellent; breakfast 'hot' food was cooked beautifully, no fat or grease or dried out bacon & eggs. I agree with another post that more variety of fruit would have been welcome at breakfast.
The hotel was quaint, quiet and relaxing with plenty of comfortable sofas on which to sit and relax with a newspaper and a drink.
Our room (53) was charming: large with a four-poster bed, flat screen television, tea making facilities, large cupboard with hanging rails, etc.. The bathroom was bright and clean. My only, slight complaint here was that, although there were small bottles of shower gel & shampoo, a few of the extras like cotton buds, moisture lotion, flannels, etc., would have been nice.
The hotel was only about 200yds to the seafront & buses and 10 mins from the centre of town.
Our flight home wasn't until 8pm in the evening. We asked at reception if there was somewhere we could freshen up (the weather was very hot), before we left. She kindly allocated us room 81, free of charge. It was lovely to be able to have a shower and change of clothes before leaving but I must admit, I was a bit puzzled by this room. We had to g through the sitting room, into another room which looked like it was used as storage. From here, up, what appeared to be , a back staircase, three flights up. It looked rather dark & dingy and, although the room was perfectly clean and equipped (washbasin in the bedroom, separate wc & shower), I would have absolutely hated to have been put in a room like this, for my weekend. The window was almost too high to see out of and the whole area - inside & outside of the room - looked like it was in need of a major refurbishment. I can only imagine this area of the hotel was due to undergo some work & would have been let at a much cheaper rate than the main part of the hotel. All-in-all The Revere is a brilliant hotel to stay at if you are looking for charm, courtesy, convenience, cleanliness and relaxing. I would certainly recommend this hotel to my dearest friends and relatives. Oh, one more thing, it has a lovely little swimming pool. Hanging baskets on the walls, all around, chairs and table but no loungers.

Room Tip: We were in room 53 and it was excellent. All the rooms we saw, up the main staircase, looked lovely...
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff in The Revere, they have time to chat yet carry out their duties very efficiently. We were on a half board deal and had a choice between the summer set menu and a changing daily menu. The food was excellent and well presented, there was no temptation to go elsewhere! The only recommendation I could make would be for more fresh fruit at breakfast. We had a very spacious room at the back of the hotel overlooking Dornans courtyard and my only complaint here would be that it was a little noisy on two nights but did quieten about midnight. Our flight had been cancelled going to Jersey so we arrived a day late, when I received my bill my first night was not charged for! I was told it wasn't my fault that we arrived a day late, I don't know of anywhere else that would happen! Not a hotel for young party people, but for those who appreciate good food, friendly faces and comfortable accomodation.Thank you all for a wonderful stay?

Room Tip: Every room is different so take the advice of the excellent reception staff.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Never actually stayed at this hotel so can't comment, but looks a nice atmospheric place, so should really try it sometime. What I can comment on is the food.
On the 5 occassions that I have visited Jersey we have dined at Candlelight 5 times and Doran's
once. Food exceptional.
Candlelight superb and Alexandra and Flavia do a great job in there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derek C
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Five lovely days of relaxing at this old world charming hotel, staff great, all so very helpful, food delicious, buffet breakfast very good and the menu for the evening meals was superb, rooms very comfortable. Ideally situated on the edge of town and handy for the Tourist Information Centre and Buses.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends