“Great place to have a drink but quite expensive with small sizes”

Quayside Grill & Bistro
Ranked #15 of 229 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated overlooking Jersey Marina, Quayside Seafood Restaurant is a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.Clean, contemporary decor compliments the unpretentious menu. Our Chef's source locally whenever possible, to provide the freshest and finest ingredients for dishes prepared with care.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a drink there on a recent stay to Jersey. The location is fantastic with a great sun deck at the top which we sat in the sun on. Our only comment would be how small the drink sizes are? A small mini can of diet coke for £2+? Really? They use to sell them in Woolwoths for 30p-50p if I remember right. So thats a little odd, but great location and thats what really matters

There are newer reviews for Quayside Grill & Bistro

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Friends from abroad coming to visit so thought I'd book one of my favourite restaurants.
All in all, great food and service from Niko especially! h

The only issue, I had reserved a table in advance for 6. When we arrived, the table was booked for 5! I was a little put off that instead of a "our mistake, one moment please" response, I and the group were almost accused of lying about the reservation and was told "there was no record of it being booked for 6."

Surprisingly we had to suggest pulling out a table and putting another chair at the end, although I don't understand why this had to come from myself and not the restaurant management, it seems like a pretty easy resolution.

However, after being seated the food, ambience and service were fantastic as always; I think the management noticed the start of the evening was not the best so comped the post-dinner drinks we ordered which was a nice surprise.

1  Thank montaguewarner
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited at midday for a lunchtime snack after 5 days on a yacht. The restaurant looked inviting. There are good views across the marina from the balcony. The waitress was very good and attentive. I ordered the squid in tempura batter with what was meant to be an Asian style salad. This was basically large chunks of iceberg lettuce with a few bean sprouts covered in sweet chilli dipping sauce. The squid was not cut up small enough, it was the tube and tentacles in clumps fried in a batter that was too thick. The crab linguine was palatable. Needless to say we did not return.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a very nice Dinner and the food can be suggested. The service was excellent and helpfull. Recommandable are anything with seafood and it also fits very good to the location.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our last night in Jersey and from start to finish our visit was excellent. We had made a reservation and the restaurant was busy but service didn't suffer because of it. Our waitress [Claire] had a lot too to do with our visit as she was enthusiastic, friendly and was so lovely. Our food from starters to main course to dessert were fabulous. The food was beautifully presented and our main courses [1 steak and 1 cod] were the best we'd had during our stay in Jersey. This is definitely a restaurant worth visiting but I would advise making a reservation.

5  Thank Celticcreation