“They really know their steak!”
Review of Seven Angels

Seven Angels
Ranked #14 of 233 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Excellent meal last night with friends. Good menu choice, whether A La Carte or their set menu although I'd say on one they were a bit heavy on the steak (steak steak or steak done various ways), but that said the Beef Wellington was done to perfection!

Very nice atmosphere with candles and soft furnishings.

Definitely recommended.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Having been to the restaurant few times before we've decided to have our Christmas Day lunch there- and that was a great choice! Food absolutely fabulous as always! Everything so tasty and presented so beautifully! Great service- very friendly owners and staff. We've had a great afternoon! Well done guys- keep up the good work! I would highly recommend that place!!!

1  Thank PawelJersey
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Eight of us went for lunch on December 7th. First impressions (although we'd all been before), a bit dark and the waitress wouldn't put the lights on !!.
Was only another 4 diners in the place who obviously weren't fussed about the lack of lighting(they were there before us), food was excellent, antipasti and beef wellington was superb could not fault the food in any way. No deserts just 8 irish coffees, (shame about the squirty cream!!)
Bill was presented £400.32, including 10% (put on by the restaurant automatically), excellent value £50.00 each, we paid the bill and then decided to have a liquer, 8 sambucas £32.00 in addition to the bill (it will become apparent why i keep mentioning the cost please keep reading.)
We all went to leave totally satisfied well fed and watered..waitress said that we were light on the bill so i called everyone back and asked who hadn't paid although I did check and it seemed fine to me.....we had left off the 32p, yep we were 32p short !!! why couldn't you have just taken it from the automatic tip???? ....please find 8 totally gobsmacked half drunk blokes who I doubt will rush back........Like I said great until the end !!!!

1  Thank DAvid T
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were going to St Helier for a weekend break and as it was the season for company Xmas dinners we decided to book our dinners in advance. Seven Angels was ranked number 1 on TA so it was the first one we booked and just as well since when we arrived it was full. Although the restaurant is not large, they had managed to arrange the large and small tables well so that there was plenty of room for all and we didn't feel at all hemmed in. The decor is tasteful with good quality fittings and a really pleasant ambiance. The staff were very friendly with no sign of stress in spite of the full restaurant, service was really good with no need to track down a waiter for either food or drink and no long waiting between courses. The food choice was either the Christmas fare or a small a la carte selection, but it all read well. We chose a goats cheese tartlet and smoked salmon soufflé to start, roast pork and baked cod for mains with a nice bottle of Viognier. It was all very good and the price was very sensible so definitely worth it's recommendation.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Having made my reservation at the restaurant on the previous Tuesday, my companion and I arrived in good time last Saturday evening. The waitress then informed me that she could not find my name but that "sometimes, someone took bookings and did not write down the information." She then went on to say that anyone could walk off the street and say that they had a booking. Her offensive remarks soured what was to be a great ending for my visitor's first experience of Jersey Christmas celebrations. What a shame that a lively little restaurant like the Seven Angels could not keep a properly ordered reservation book ( it was a complete mess) but more importantly, the staff should understand that offensive behaviour will earn them the reputation of not only being unreliable but also embarrassingly rude.

4  Thank sally b