“My regular takeaway better watch out!”

Barros' Tropical Bistro
Ranked #37 of 225 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Channel Islands
“My regular takeaway better watch out!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have always been to my regular take away which I will leave unnamed and I have been to Barros Tropical Bistro numerous times in the last 6 months and I feel like I am cheating. I cannot bring my self to go back to the old establishment, Barros are only round the corner from the previous fave and it does not take me much longer to walk home. The food is great, hot, tasty and the prices are very reasonable for the amount you get. I have not been a customer that has dined in, only take out. Even with a 10 minute walk home, the food is still hot and tastes so fresh and full of flavour. I will be reccommending this place to all. I just hope my old fave dont see me coming out of their door. They might close down now, oops.

• Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant take-aways!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have dined here a few times but just lately we have been enjoying take-away too as we live 2 minutes away from the restaurant. The menu is extensive and not limited to certain things, we have whatever we would eat inside. Excellent value and top quality food !

“Never leave Hungry”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been here many times and everytime I have had enough food left over to feed another person. The food is great value for money and the quantities are brilliant. The small environment makes it feel a lot more cosy. If you're looking for a hearty meal this is the place to go. The fact they offer takeaway makes it stand out from other portuguese places.

Jersey, Channel Islands
“Great first experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have walked past Barros Tropical Bistro many times but as we rarely go into St Helier of an evening, have never given it a second thought. However, a friend suggested we go so four of us arrived on a wet evening to a very warm welcome. A nice window seat was offered in a restaurant that in a short time became full, there wasn't one table left and that on a Wednesday evening.
To make it even better we had a 'Quidsin' Voucher that made the food unbelievable value for money.
Service was great and wine was very reasonably priced. There was a special 'Quidsin' Espetada menu which gave plenty of choice. Delicious garlic bread with tomato and cheese was brought to the table whilst we waited. The espetadas arrived ranging from scallop, prawn, beef etc and they were excellent. Accompaniments included salad, chips, rice, roast potatoes and a Portuguese version of polenta.
None of us could eat a dessert and everyone agreed that the food was perfect for what it was, the atmosphere was buzzing and the service friendly and efficient.
It was so good we are going again next week, I can't say better than that!

“Cannot fault”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If your after stunning food then this is the place. Friendly staff, nicely set out and the food is amazing. I go here regularly with family,friends and work colleagues and will continue going. Also offer a takeaway service which is great value for money

• Visited March 2013