“Top seafood”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Really great seafood restaurant that serves meat dishes as well. The owner is from Madiera so the style is Portuguese. All the staff, 4 in total, were very friendly and efficient. Its situated just in the entrance to the fish market so its got the appearance of a cafe but in every other way its a nice little restaurant seating only 18 inside on the night we were there. During our weekend in Jersey I kept an eye on prices and all the decent restaurants were doing turbot for just under £18. The Bistro Rosa was no exception so I would say the food was reasonably priced. I had sea bass in a delicious tangy coconut sauce.

2  Thank evo_21

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently had a fab meal at this restaurant. Its in the old market don t let that put you off. The food was excellent especially if you love your seafood. We had a 3 course meal for 22.50 each I had prawn and smoke salmon and avocado salad which was lovely followed by lobster and a dessert of pear tart a could nt fault it for what we paid. It closes quite early about 9.30pm but if you pass it go in and try it. We sat and watched people looking but not venturing in which was their loss great great value our waiter friendly and cheerful. If you enjoy seafood then this place is worth a try.I would definately go back on my next visit to jersey.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had mussels for starter and the best lobster ever here.
Can't wait to return again hopefully next year.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We liked the food but thought the restaurant was cramped for space and very expensive. The quality of the fish is top class - caught that morning - the waiter brings the fish to the table before you choose. It is in a better position than the other fish restaurant at the other side of the market and I think they market and set up the restaurant better

1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a place you'd walk past and notice but what a find it s.

Very unassuming but perfect in ever way, they do serve meat dishes but I'd recommend this for its choice of seafood. I had lobster and scallops and it was to dyeing for.

I'd recommend booking ahead as its a small place.

Go ahead and enjoy