“Brilliant Quaint Seafood Restsurant”
Review of Bistro Rosa

Bistro Rosa
Ranked #7 of 240 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant by luck tucked down a small street.

The lunch we ordered was fresh tasty and outstanding for seafood.

It's a brilliant jewel in St Helier.
So clean and perfectly run.

Well done you have a lovely restaurant.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went to this restuarant because of the reviews on here.
We could not have been more impressed, it is just inside the fish market, and really does not look much, BUT the food was fantastic, I have never tasted sea bass like it.
The service was friendly and helpful, the cook we were told was the best fish chef in Jersey, and I believe that.
We were only in Jersey 4 nights, the first night we ate at the hotel, and were disapointed, the next night we ate here, then again ob out last night, if you love fish you must eat at Bistro Rosa.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the basis of other TA reviews. The food was delicious and the chef was happy to accommodate us mix and matching our menu choices. There are only 18 covers here so book in advance or turn up 'on spec' when it opens (we went around 6pm) Superb seafood selection and great to finally find somewhere that cooks a real RARE steak! Tried some delicious Portuguese wine for the first time as well. All round a very enjoyable experience. We will be going back for sure.

1  Thank JRH1971
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My 3rd review over the two years I have been coming to Jersey - and I must have eaten here more than 40 times.
I have eaten fish in many places - and honestly have not had better fish - and I have spent a long time eating fish in Norway (and they know about fish).
Lobster; Sea Bream; Scallops; Seafood Louisiana; Fish soup - they are all wonderful: well cooked; presented & priced.
Gabriel is a Master!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having visited Jersey many times often wanted to try the Fish Market restaurants and this is the smaller of the two (and only open a few years in comparison to the original). Went in with no preconceived ideas and hadn't read the previous Tripadvisor entries before visiting. Started with fish soup and it was probably the tastiest I have ever had, though not the traditional French style, but definitely worth having. Followed by the chef's choice of catch, simple sea bass fried and grilled in butter and garlic. Plain and simple, but so fresh and tasty. Perhaps a tad expensive, bearing in mind location, but certainly food cooked at its best (and you can watch chef in action!).
Have to add therefore that I was shocked to come on line later and read some earlier reviews which, whilst I'm sure they are genuine, certainly didn't reflect what I found and I am surprised by what has been said regarding freshness earlier. Finally my wife was not in a "fish mood" that day and had a lovely pasta dish which she praised highly too.