“Superb fresh fish cooked by a man with a passion”
Review of Bistro Rosa

Bistro Rosa
Ranked #4 of 234 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Small, quaint & some liken it to a cafe - but who cares as the food is superb and good value.

3  Thank John K

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Bistro Rosa is easy to find as it is just at the entrance of the fish market. The reviews here suggest that the food are excellent and so we went to try it whilst in St Helier. I have to agree that the food is very tasty! However, half way through my main course, I was feeling very ill with suspected food poisoning. I couldn't finish my meal and had to lie on the table. I was very surprised that the staff didn't ask how I was, instead he asked what I wanted for dessert!! There is no way to know what has caused me feeling so ill - whether it was the food, the wine, or nothing to do with Bistro Rosa... but having read another review about the smelly seafood, I just have mixed feelings about this place.

4  Thank seetheworldinmyeyes
Reviewed December 11, 2011

hard to fault really,the combination of excellent food,good service and value for money quite outstanding.quirky location adds to its charm.

1  Thank hungrynthirsty
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Found this on the web when looking for somewhere to eat on our first visit to St Helier. We had a little trouble finding it as it is tucked away in the entrance to the fish market but it was worth it. Terrific food, great atmosphere. On holiday, we would normally only try somewhere once and then try somewhere new after that but we we were here 3 times in a week, it is that good. Almost felt like part of the family at the end of our stay.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Nothing more needs to be said. A seafood restaurant in a coastal fish market could it get better.