All reviews budget hotel basic needs double room stayed for nights kitchenette facilities jersey toaster
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

If you are the type of person that likes to complain then don't go here - because it's not perfect yet. As mentioned before the decor needs updating and some work is in progress but our rooms were a really good size and had the benefit of a small kitchen, good storage, tv, powerful shower. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy with clean and soft bedding. The hotel is in a good place to walk all to the shops and restaurants in St Helier. We didn't have the breakfast because having the kitchen facilities meant we could sort our own breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful- one lady even called 3 places to get us a taxi one night. We had a good stay and would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Stez01
Reviewed September 8, 2017

I was there for one night for business. Hotel is currently being refurbished, I stayed in a newly refurbed room which was really lovely but I did meet other guests who were in older rooms and the description wasn't great. The hotel is a little tired looking in a lot of areas and the outside garden and pool area could be tidier.
However the staff were friendly, welcoming & helpful, it is clean & has the basic needs, breakfast was good and a reasonable price of 8GBP for full English.
It's close to everything so overall a good value budget hotel. If the rest of the hotel is refurbed to the standard of my room it will greatly improve it.
If you want more room comfort and hotel facilities for a long holiday this isn't the hotel for you, if you want a short break where you aren't going to spend a lot of time in the hotel only to eat sleep & shower I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Good wee hotel this,washere from the 15th-18th June as we were there to see MUAY Thai fights in the sports centre, this is situated in a spot on location just up from the Main Street and the hotel itself was spotless,
I would say the bed was far too soft but I still had a sleep,
There is noise from the cars outside that would be the only downfall but the staff and the manageress were absolutely brilliant, I would definitely stay here again without any hesitation

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Overall a very pleasant stay. The bed was very comfy, it had a good amount of furniture, the TV was a decent size, it was great to have the kitchen facilities - made it a cheaper and easier stay and it was very clean and only 10 minutes walk to town. The staff were very pleasant also. The only complaint I had was that I was woken up at 3 in the morning by drunk people outside. I assume they were buying drinks from the bar but I am not certain. It was a hot night so we had the windows open and probably wouldn't have been a problem if they were closed. As soon as my partner closed them, the noise immediately stopped - I'm unsure whether they decided to come inside after that or if the windows stopped the sound. However, I am aware that it had nothing to do with the hotel and that the guests were just having fun on a Saturday night. Wouldn't stop me going again - in fact I will be going back there in the future.

Room tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel have a really nice view.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2017

Hotel in need of some refurb, but very clean and handy for Beach ( 7 mins walk ) and Restaurants of St Helier. Staff very helpful and excellent WiFi in all areas including the outdoor pool area. Only drawback is the limited parking facilities and even the marked spaces leave very little space between - however this is a city centre hotel and therefore parking will be at a premium.

Room tip: Would not recommend a car unless you can pre-book with hotel
Date of stay: May 2017