“Better inside!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Taxi Rank opposite and the Bus Terminus 3 minutes walk..
Description: Modelled on the informal style of New York's Grill Restaurants, the Wildfire Grill offers a wide range of different Breeds and Cuts of Beef cooked over coal as well as starters, salads, plates to share and a selection of other meats and local fish. Fantastic food with attentive service and great wines.. You are guaranteed a good night out. The Tapas & Steak Restaurant Downstairs offers a more relaxed environment, entertaining but essentially just great food with a fantastic atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had walked past this restaurant several times and ignored it. Turns out it's very nice and very popular! Friday teatime it was booked solid all night! Near Liberty square, handy for bus station, town centre etc. Good portions, lovely staff, excellent varied menu. We noticed there were a few celebrations booked in. I recommend.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoy the Fajitas here, one steak and one chicken mixed with a few Tapas dishes is plenty for the two of us and a nice glass of Malbec makes a perfect companion.
We are finding though its becoming essential to book as its busy most evenings in the summer months

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been going to Wildfire Restaurant for the past 15 years whenever I visit Jersey.
I was turning 30 and had a party of around 10 coming to Jersey with me to celebrate. I booked Wildfire straight away as I knew it would be good. When we turned up we were squished into a corner table, and they had to pull up 2 more chairs for us, some of the girls were pregnant so they had to shuffle along the booths to try and fit in. When i asked for a bigger table the rather rude waiter said no and rushed off somewhere else.
We all sat down and our drinks order was taken, my mother in law mentioned to the waiter that it was my 30th and we were over from Guernsey, the waiter looked at her and then walked off.
No thanks for picking us to celebrate my birthday there or any acknowledgement what so ever and my mother in law felt very embarrassed and it completely knocked her excitement.
Once i had witnessed the rudeness of that waiter for the second time I said to my party that I wanted to leave.
I was shocked at this waiters poor customer service.
It was a busy Saturday night in the restaurant but I didn't realise being busy meant staff were allowed to be bluntly rude.
The girls managed to talk me down and said we wouldn't have anywhere else to go so had no other choice but to stay.
I begrudgingly agreed. We ordered our food and ate.
I treated myself to a Chateaubriand as it is my favourite, however on this occasion it was tough, full of gristle and my jaw was in pain trying to chew over it for so long. The girls had all finished their food and ended up having to watch me continue to try to get through it! I complained to another waiter who i think was manager and he apologised and took off some money for the meat.
Overall i was extremely disappointed with Wildfire and I have no interest in going back now.
My husband and I are booked to go to Jersey in November and I am now having to look for other restaurants that we can book.I never right reviews but I realised it bothered me so much that i just had to say something for others to be aware of.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had two night herer during our visit and the food was first class on both visits. You know when you go somewhere and are blown away by the meal you are slightly apprehensive about going back especially when busier that it may disappoint you - not here. We visited on a Tuesday the first nights and ordered 8oz Fillet and 16oz Tbone both cooked perfectly with various sides. The sides as with the steaks were perfectly cooked. Not the cheapest of places to eat however well worth the expense. Friendly attentive staff made both our nights. Would recommend booking at weekend as was extremely busy however the quality was maintained despite a full house.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here on Friday 20th September for a table of 6.Booked through open table booking
Food was superb, the waiter that served us was full of beans & polite, he never stopped.Prices were reasonable for St Hellier, but was large portions which was good.
Decor is good & music also.
Overall a really good night & would go back again.