“Peaceful rest haven”

Ranked #34 of 234 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the heart of town you'll find our bustling restaurant and terrace bar: delicious food to warm your heart and delight your palate, from Irish and British meats to local seafood cooked to order. In the historic Weighbridge area, next to the Jersey Museum, you’ll find one of the most popular restaurants in St Helier. Locals affectionately refer to the spot as the 'Museum Brasserie'; a cosy retreat with vibrant food in a lively atmosphere. Here business people discuss the markets over lunch and in the summer the Terrace Bar lights up and turns into a hot spot where people chill out with good tunes with friends. Dinner is either a set menu or a la carte. Fusions of fish and Eastern spices make the food exciting and delicious. This is the place to go for good hearty food with some unexpected twists. The desserts are to die for!
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After time shopping for Christmas had a lovely meal with wife service great and friendly ,would like to see a range of Spanish tapas my favourite when in Spain thanks Gary dukes leopards medieval company jersey

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband, my son and myself first went here for my son's birthday and it was fantastic, so good in fact my husband and I decided we would go again, oh what a mistake that was. Upon our return visit I think there must have been some sort of kitchen meltdown because the food was horrendous covered in salt (and I like salt, but even I could not stomach this). I have emailed the brasserie to try and find out what happened but unfortunately I never recieved a reply, so maybe they don't respond to complaints. such a shame because the first time was so good.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went there with a group of friends, it was annoying that the staff kept on pouring wine into our glasses as if they wanted us to buy as much alcohol as possible. The place had a cold atmosphere. The food was quite good but the portions were small especially with the starters. I'm. It in a rush to come back.

2  Thank Justin0103
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went to the Merchant last week had good food and service was brill can not falt this place have enjoyed so menu meals there tried to book for New Year's Eve but closed will be booking when they open in febuary hope the waitress has good time in france

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Family pre Christmas meal. A rather awkward start when we requested a table further from the door, fearing it might be draughty. Staff immediately suggested an alternative and we enjoyed a very good meal choosing from 3 menus. Food quality very good and service prompt and accommodating, despite a busy pre Christmas crowd. Thoroughly enjoyable meal for a very reasonable price. Well done.