“Awful!”

Ranked #22 of 234 Restaurants in St. Helier
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was looking forward to going to Mano's, sadly it was an awful food experience! Food was badly cooked and tasted appalling. My son loves prawns but they tasted really awful at Mano's he look them out of his mouth, he's five, I did the same! Asked for medium beef on my skewers and it came rare and tough. I couldn't even cut into it. The food was presented in a 70.'s style, quartered cold tomato on a hot meal etc. The decor is fresh but it seems to be style over substance. So disappointing! Staff were fine, but food was so awful, lots of less flashy places with much better food!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good service, really nice food. The piri piri chicken is really tasty, my favourite is the beef and king prawn version. Good chips, nice rice, and good value too.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Popped in for lunch, the espetada's are amazing beautifully cooked and juicy and tender with plenty of extras, chips, rice, salad and mihlo. This is a lovely little restaurant with very friendly staff and efficient service.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful evening in Manos celebrating my birthday. We arrived and sat at the bar with a pre dinner drink whilst leisurely reading the menu and were spoilt for choice with all of the seafood options available (we are both non meat eaters). I eventually chose the crab creole for starter and the seafood mixed grill for main which came with potatoes and veg. My husband chose grilled sardines and the mixed trio a la Manos espetadas which came with an array of sides!! My crab starter was one of the most enjoyable starters I think I have ever tasted! I finished every last bit of it and soon realised that I was not going to be able to eat all of my main course, the portions were so generous. The restaurant happily let us take away any of the remaining ingredients that would be ok to heat up the next day which I was very grateful for as it made another full meal for us the next day!! If I am ever visiting St Helier again I will definately like to return to Mano's Bistro - the staff were friendly and helpful and created a very nice ambience in their restaurant.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

With out a doubt the best restaurant in jersey. The food is honestly out of this world the service is fast and efficient. Five stars every time.