“My New Favourite Restaurant”
Review of Longueville Manor

Longueville Manor
Ranked #1 of 223 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Andrew Baird's food is all about the very best of local produce as well as the abundant harvest from the Longueville Manor's own kitchen garden. Andrew's style of food is all about simplicity and flavour. It's about celebrating the produce and presenting it in an uncluttered yet appetizing way. Steeped in the classical traditions of fine cuisine, the Longueville kitchen continues to innovate, stimulate and surprise,
St John, JERSEY
“My New Favourite Restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I write this review in June 14 - and I have eaten here three times in three months - I'm choosy. I eat a lot, all of the world. And I love this place. (And my family are possibly the 3 choosest people I know)
The first time we arrived it was raining - the doorman dashed to greet us from the car with an umbrella. Longueville does old fashioned service with the best produce and cooking in the island. I've done Shaun Rankin, I've done Mark Jordan - if you want to be seen in "the place" then fine, go ahead, you'll be disappointed. I've read the reviews that criticise portion size - I must have visited a different place. For me Longueville is the PERFECT mix of traditional service values and excellent produce, cooked and served faultlessly. We have tried the special £25 season lunch menu twice - what can you get for 25 quid these days - the price is ridiculous. And we've tried the full house tasting menu with wines. Either way unforgetable. For my family of 4 (including two mid-teenagers) very choosy people to agree this is the best there is - well if you knew my family you'd understand.
Try the 25 quid menu Mon - Sat lunch - you can't lose !!!

2 Thank nohotashes

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Dated, stuffy, underwhelming food and service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I visited Longueville Manor on a Saturday lunchtime with a friend and we booked for the Recipes from the Garden set menu, which sounded good value at £25 for three courses with a welcome glass of Pimms. The menu was reasonable - three choices for each course and we enjoyed our welcome drink outside in the garden as the weather was nice. Lunch was served inside in a dated room with tired furnishings and what looked like my grandmothers old crockery and table linen - the room is quite dark and felt particularly dingy and depressing on a summer's day.
We both chose a scallop and prawn linguini in a seafood bisque to start, which was really quite unpleasant - about six strands of over cooked linguini and some rubbery shellfish swimming in a fishy broth. The main course was slightly better - cod with peas a la francais which was okay but again, the very liquid consistency made it difficult to eat without using a spoon which just added to the feeling of being in an old people's home. They also insist on doing that incredibly annoying thing of hiding your wine from you - this is fine if the staff are attentive enough to make sure empty glasses are refilled but this was not the case. The service inside was mainly pleasant, if a bit stuffy and formal but when we moved back out to the garden to have desert and finish our wine, the waiter outside was frankly bordering on rude and was more interested in chasing away seagulls than in looking after the guests. Compared to set lunches I have eaten in other restaurants of a comparable standard and price, this really didn't live up to my expectations - I realise the restaurant makes no profit on a menu like this but the idea of these types of menu is surely to entice you back to try the full menu at some point. I am sure Longueville Manor has its own appeal to a certain type of clientele but for me, it's stuck in the past and the food and service aren't good enough or up to the standard it markets itself as upholding.

3 Thank Susan T
Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was nice.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

As i live in Jersey I have been to all the different restaurants.
i would say the food was to rich and the sizes were far to big.

1 Thank Tygormac
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Up there with the best Jersey has to offer”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We ate here on our last night in Jersey. After Ormer and Bohemia we had not expected this to quite match up - how wrong we were. A modern country house hotel feel was accompanied by friendly yet discreet service and the food was stunning. Baffling that they have no star. Main courses especially good and substantial portion sizes we welcome too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Adrian B
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea for Special Occasion”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

For an anniversary treat, afternoon tea the Longueville Manor is a treat. We were treated with respect and felt like royalty. We were not rushed and the tea and atmosphere was excellent.

Definitely worth a second visit.

• Visited April 2014