“Great”

Soy Seafood & Sushi Bar
Ranked #58 of 238 Restaurants in St. Helier
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of St. Helier in West Centre (Next to the Bronze Cows Sculptures)Offering a large 'Al Fresco' area with plenty of Sunshine from lunchtime until the evening.New for 2013 is our Head Chef who has 15 years experience in working in some of the best establishments both in England & JerseyAlso New for 2013 is a Large Lobster Tank made into a Seafood counter where one of the Chefs works from preparing 'Fruits de Mer' Platters & serving copious amounts of fresh local Oysters. Open for 'Fishy' & 'Full English' Breakfasts, Lunch & Dinner Springtime - Autumn we are open throughout the afternoon serving food & drinks. Closed on Sundays
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere with pleasant staff. Beautifully presented food simply done but incredibly tasty. Not too many non fish choices but my husband didn't mind being a non fish eater. Good valued compared to more scenic places.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a great meal in here and the menu caters for most tastes I would think. The staff were polite and professional and the food when it arrived was divine. Yet another place we would happily dine in again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived at the restaurant without booking and although it was quite busy, the waiter accommodated us courteously and showed us to a table (for 2) immediately. We found the menu to be varied and quite exciting and the waiter was on hand to talk to us and helped us make our choices. We had a sharing shellfish platter to start which was amazing and our main courses were cooked and presented to perfection. The drinks were reasonably priced and the wine menu varied and also reasonable. We spent a couple of hours at the restaurant0, I think we were the last to leave. The service was very good and the bill very reasonable given the quality. I think we paid about £80 for 2 superbly cooked courses, a few lagers, a nice mid range bottle of white and coffees. I'd definitely return.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had a great evening out on Saturday with loved ones and friends. Music level is low enough just to be heard without disrupting your conversation. Food was great and so was the service My only criticism would be that they should be aware that not everybody is happy having to peel their own Gambas Not only do I really dislike having something with eyes staring at me the Gambas are always covered in poop once you have shelled them. Would prefer it if these came out on all dishes pre peeled

Reviewed June 1, 2014

First of all I need to mention that we didn't get served there.
We turned up at 17:30 because the opening times on their website said 12:00 - 12:00. The restaurant was empty and there was one waiter on the phone having a private chat. He seemed quite annoyed that we disturbed him and just gave us a "we don't serve food at the moment" going back to his phone call. After me asking him when they are going to serve dinner he replied "Come back at 6."
We felt a bit unwelcome but decided to go back at 18:05 anyway, only to find out they had 8 guests now and we should have made a reservation. What??? I asked the lady (manager?) why the waiter didn't tell us earlier. But her only reply was that we either can come back in an hour or so or wait for a very long time at a table, because they had 8 guests at the moment.
No question we left....
Oh, and by the way: for the prices they charge for there food, you are able to get a very warm welcome and incredible fresh food at the "Green olive", just a short walk away.

2  Thank Aya667Brea