“Great vibe , food and drink”

Soy Seafood & Sushi Bar
Ranked #119 of 255 Restaurants in St. Helier
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

We always visit Jersey annually and ensure we make a prior reservation . The food is always lovely and the service is great. It’s a great spot for lunch, dinner often just to have a drink

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 30, 2018

I was motivated to join TripAdvisor just to leave this review, so astonishingly shambolic was our lunch today. We waited over half an hour for our food to arrive, and the crispy duck was inedible. Soft greasy skin, and leathery flesh which they couldn't be bothered (or perhaps were unable) to shred. Pancakes entirely stuck together in one unappetising lump, with rock-hard edges testifying as to how long they had been left out.

The restaurant wasn't even busy. They should be ashamed to send out food like this, and the half-hour wait added insult to injury. (I should be specific: It was 32 minutes. When I complained a little earlier that the food had taken half an hour, the waiter flatly contradicted me. He produced the exact time the order had been taken, which was, erm, 26 minutes previously.)

The wait means that this place is not worth considering for a business lunch on a working day (I'd dread to see it half full) and the quality of the food demonstrates utter contempt for their customers.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Sim0nB_2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Oh my! This was certainly a pleasurable experience. I love Japanese food so I was excited to find this restaurant.

The food was simply amazing. I started with the Japanese carpaccio with beef tataki which was out of this world. I highly recommend it. Next was the chicken katsu curry which again, was delicious. I also tried scallops for the first time as my dad ordered the seared scallops for his main. As someone who doesn’t like fishy thing I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the little piece I tried. His gyoza looked amazing too.

The ambiance of the restaurant is great & it’s very tastefully decorates. Staff were friendly & attentive, all round great experience!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed December 29, 2017

Not all sushi places have yellowtail, but Soy did, which is great because it is my favourite. The gyoza dumplings were good, too. A good range of sashimi and various sushi. I also enjoyed the pork in a bun: not the bao bun I was expecting, but tasty anyway.
The comfortable chairs are a bonus after a morning's shopping. The decor is a bizarre mix of understated relevance (ceramic fish round the lights) and night-club black and purple (shiny purple circular booth, black mosaic "mushrooms" up the walls): gives you something to look at.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 7, 2017

excellent choice on the menu for sushi lovers and others. staff are excellent friendly and helpful. décor is different interesting

Date of visit: September 2017