“Fantastic hotel”

St. Brelades Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in St. Brelade
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Lovely hotel, good service, good food and very clean. Staff in the dining room were very friendly and the service was excellent, will definitely go back to this hotel when we are in Jersey again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pat N
There are newer reviews for St. Brelades Bay Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Staff were excellent. Hotels restaurant is superb for breakfast and dinner.
We are looking forward to going back soon. Right on the beach, sea view is fantastic.

Room Tip: sea view is a must as the view is superb
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

cannot fault this hotel in anyway great food very clean ideal location staff very polite nothing to much trouble what more can i say but will defo be back thank you to all the staff

Room Tip: sea view room beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendy272
Reviewed September 29, 2011

On first view this hotel is very impressive, set on a beautiful bay with a flat level sandy beach out the front. The tranquil garden and swimming pool at the back was a pleasant surprise. Staff were engaged, the hotel has recently been renovated and all in all it was a very enjoyable, quiet place to stay.
When I was there it felt as if I was the only guest under 60, so I'm not sure about young families, and couples, but I guess if there's a few of you you could change the mood!

Room Tip: I had room 154 which had an adjoining bunk room. Presumably if you were a family unit you could hav...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Oz_eco_wanderer
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I highly recommend the Corbiere Suite on the fourth floor - great views over St Brelades Bay. Tripod and binoculars supplied!
Open the doors onto the balcony and listen to the ocean which is a stones throw away or relax on the steamer lounger chairs and watch the tide come in and out. It's totally relaxing.
The lounge is large with two very comfortable cream sofas, dining area with table and chairs, fridge & kettle. We also had booked 3 bedrooms which were all on the third floor. They all had balconies and sea views and were equally comfortable.
We mostly had the outdoor pool to ourselves which was sheer luxury. All the staff were eager to help whether by ordering taxis, giving local advice etc and were friendly without being intrusive. When the gym and indoor pool open this winter the hotel will be even better.
Don't hesitate to book!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a seaview it's more expensive but well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Allison K
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Dear Sir/Madame

I am writing to you regarding my visit at your hotel this afternoon (22.09.11, 4.50pm) as a potential customer.

I understand that your hotel is one of the best hotels in Jersey and I thought about gathering some information regarding services and facilities offered by your establishment in order to use them in my classroom as a example of a successful hospitality business in the Island.

However, the welcoming I have received was far from being professional. The Duty Manageress was lacking of the basics of the Good Customer Service Standards and she was very unhelpful. I felt lucky that I got a hotel brochure.

My first impression of that person was that she really does not want to be there and I was just wasting her time ( as ''all the information about the hotel you can find on the website''.

I have decided to write that letter as I never felt being so undesirable in any hotel before.
It would help, if I were welcomed at least by a smile and simple Good Afternoon, how can I help you?, sadly nothing like that happened.

I hope that is just one off situation, as it is hard to imagine that any hospitality establishment could be successful with that kind of attitudes from front of the house staff.

Thank you very much for reading that letter

Yours sincerely,

Pawel Kulon

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Pawelkulon
Reviewed September 19, 2011

On a previous trip to Jersey we decided the bay would be an excellent location and after looking at reviews etc settled on the St Brelade's Bay Hotel. After we had booked and paid we were told we would have to move for the last night. We were given the option to change hotel but decided to go ahead and were very pleased we had when we had experienced staying there and even more so when the room we were moved to for our last night was one with a sea view and balcony. When we return it is definitely worth paying the supplement for a sea view.
The only reason we didnt give everything 5 stars is due to a few minor niggles. Our first (standard) room did not have enough drawer space, the TV was in a position on the wall where you could easily bang your head en route to the bathroom and the heated towel rail was positioned so that I burnt my arm twice. The second room had more than enough storage and the towel rail was in a different position.
On the Saturday night there was a wedding. The jollities were taking place in a separate function area so noise was not a problem but we could not find anywhere to park and the staff were not particularly helpful and shrugged when we pointed out that someone had parked a motorbike in one of the car slots. In the end we parked on an area with white lines and gave our registration and room number to the reception staff in case there was a problem.
We had booked half board but ended up eating in most nights as the service was so good and friendly and the menu inviting. The half board supplement was £32.50 but the set menu prices were £30 for 3 courses and £35 for 4/5 courses. As we could never have managed more than 3 courses we did not lose out although we could have saved even more and still had a wonderful view from the Pizza Express over the road.
Everywhere is expensive on Jersey so we have judged the value compared with other Jersey venues.
We will definitely return here and fork out for a sea view room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#6 of 32 in St. Helier

Been to St. Brelades Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!