“Crab Shak great food!!”

Jersey Crab Shack
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stop on the Restaurant roof, stop is Oyster Box stop.
Description: The Crab Shack is located on the promenade in St Brelades Bay just 2 meters from the beach and sea, we are part of the Jersey Pottery group of restaurants, where we really care about guaranteeing quality and have a dedication and commitment to the island of Jersey and its produce both on land and sea.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The restaurant is a lovely laid back venue with wooden style tables like you would expect from a posh shak! Its a cafe but with no pretensions of being a restaurant, however the food choice is plentiful and quality superb. The view and setting are to die for being positioned in St Brelade's Bay with a window table overlooking the bay.
Despite it being off season was still a few tables being served and the options available plentiful.
The king prawns were one of the best I have tasted.
The menu is varied, as you would expect with a seafood bias. The quality of food is outstanding, other establishments of the island would do well to match. Service was also good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Seems like on a Sunday afternoon this is the place to go to in Jersey. It was ram backed but somehow we managed to get an outdoor table. If it is not too cold I really recommend it, one of the greatest view of the Jersey coast and the beach. Also great to watch everybody passing by with their dogs on the beach bellow.

For food, the waiter recommended the crab. It was not too bad, not the easiest to eat and not that much meat as I expected. For the amazing views it is surely worth a visit and perhaps a must if you visit Jersey.

1  Thank Marcopolworld
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Set with a great view we arrived with no reservation on a Sunday and they happily found us a seat (for 2) and served us quickly with yummy food. Decor is canteen style which is fun and nice and efficient service!
Next time we'll sit outside to really enjoy in the view!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stopped at St Brelades totally on speck. Had a nice walk on the beach, tide was out so we walked the whole length. All the hotels were closed, well it was the end of November. On the walk back to the car we decided to have a cup of tea to warm us up. The only place we could see was open was the Crab Shack, we went in not expecting much. Looking at the menu I my eyes went straight to the Squid, my wife went for the crab bisque. We were both very happy with what came next My wife's bisque came with a small pot of grated cheese and a small bowl of crab. I started with a taste of the bisque and wished I had order it, which I did two days later when we went back. My Squid came with a little salad and a very nice and home made dip.
As I said we did go back and the place was very busy which gave us a chance to see some of the other dishes, I was very impressed.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Delicious food including yummy fresh salads, beautifully decorated interior and amazing location right on the beach, with fabulous views. Highly recommended.