We have just arrived through the door from a 5 day break in Jersey, and I have told my partner that I would write our first ever review of a hotel/trip away.
Myself, my partner and our 10 month old boy went to Jersey purely for the fact that we wanted to see how our baby boy would cope on a plane if we ever decided to go on a long haul flight...but we didn't expect to have such a great trip away. We stayed at the L'Horizon and this was first class, from staff to the hotel facilities.
The hotel is situated in St. Brelades Bay, which is a 5 min taxi journey from the airport (You can hire a car from the airport or the hotel...we caught a taxi from the airport but hired a car from the hotel (Europcar) for the last 2 days...cost £71 inc of all insurance and half a tank of petrol which we didn't have to fill up on return etc, and droppped it off at the airport). It is on one of the nicest beaches in Jersey (we thought), sandy and clean. What really made it for us was the very attentive staff and also the hotel being extremely child friendly. The room we had which was a sea view with balcony, was excellent, I cannot fault it on any count. The breakfast which was included in our package was great. Baby high chairs were available for littlun, and a vast range of choice from made-to-order waffles to smoked haddock & poached eggs. The Spa facilites were great too, we both had an Indian Head Massage by Becky (we think that was her name) and that was fantastic (Highly recommend it), the pool and jaccuzzi was great, and again extremely child friendly. The evening bar area, we thought, was fantastic. A great place to meet other guests and their kids. Also the pianist was especially brilliant, a dear lady who allowed our little boy to have a go on the piano, was fantastic evening entertainment.
We honestly did not think we would enjoy Jersey as much as we did, but due to the staff and friends we made at the hotel and around Jersey (people their are very welcoming) it made it an extra special break for. We will definately be returning at some point.
Oh other things that we forgot to mention:
- The hotel has babysitting facilities but we did not use this
- Free Internet Access in the room if you bring your laptop
- You have a DVD player in the room and can choose from 100 DVDs to watch from reception
- Some really nice restaurants in St Brelades but one of our great finds was the Navigator Restaurant in Rozel Harbour which was amazing, especially if you like seafood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850 by George Hicks, a colonel in the Bengal Army, the building has an almost Mediterranean feel yet the hotel itself is unmistakably British. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and the view over golden sand and crystal clear waters. We believe in taking things easy here, with a strong focus on leisure: something we like to think we are good at! One of the highlights of the four star L'Horizon Beach Hotel is the new spa, which includes six treatment rooms, a relaxation area, pedicure and manicure area and sleep room. With 106 bedrooms and three restaurants, the hotel offers the ideal setting for an intimate break, a romantic wedding and (as it is just 10 minutes from Jersey airport) an inspiring meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Horizon Hotel And Spa
- Horizon Hotel Jersey l
- l Horizon Hotel St Brelade
- Lhorizon Hotel Jersey
- L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa Jersey/St. Brelade