L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
Hotel La Place(St. Brelade)(Great Value!)
$209
Somerville Hotel(St. Aubin)
$165
$160
Miramar Hotel(St. Brelade)(Great Value!)
$122
$330
$296
Hotwire.com
Hotel Cristina(St. Aubin)
$178
$160
Priceline
Highlands Hotel(St. Brelade)(Great Value!)
$178
$279
$270
Orbitz.com
Biarritz Hotel(St. Brelade)
  • Breakfast included
Beau Rivage Hotel(St. Brelade)
1,505 results
All reviewsthe grillcrystal roomsauna and steam roomterrace restaurantsea viewbrelade's bayoyster boxlovely hoteloverlooking the beachcrab shackground floorpizza expressbeautiful locationst helierafternoon teaindoor poolweekend break
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

First the good; the hotel has a wonderful location, right on the beach of St Brelade's Bay. Walking straight out onto the sandy, extensive beach was a joy. It was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff at all levels were excellent, friendly and helpful whatever the time or situation. The terrace grill offered good meals or just a coffee whilst chill in' and taking in the view. Breakfast was on a buffet basis and offered a wide and tasty choice although you could also order your own particulars with no trouble at all.
Now the less good; our room was 'compact' with a car park view and the ensuite only had a shower over the bath. The cold tap in the basin ran lukewarm to warm despite having maintainance to try and sort it. There was black mould on the bath seal and the door paintwork was badly chipped in places and the ceiling paper was beginning to part at the joins. None of this spoiled the holiday but for a lower price we had previously stayed at the Royal Yacht in St Helier and the room there was spacious and immaculate.
The bottom line is that I would happily stay at L'Horizon again but might pay a bit more for a balcony and beach view.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JackMullion
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Jack

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel. The hotel and I were pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, which of course they should be.

I was disappointed to learn about the room that you were in. It clearly has slipped the net and should never have been let to you like this. I have followed this up with the people concerned, one of which is me obviously.

I was pleased to read that it wouldn’t deter you from using the hotel in the future, the sea view rooms are wonderful but you shouldn’t have experienced the issues that you did in the room you had.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stay at L'Horizon every year and have done so for several years. It's provides the most amazing mix of a touch of luxury and informality in a location which is simply stunning and truly relaxing. The staff are always welcoming and helpful and the restaurants are nothing less than excellent - but do book early because they're so popular. Needless to say, we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room - the views are simply stunning. If you can afford it go for one of the suites - the extra space is great to take meals in your room while enjoying the most stunning of all of the beach views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel didn`t disappoint after a long absence. The service, attention to detail ,staff and location make this hotel an amazing experience. We visited this hotel many years ago and longed to return, and it proved every delight we remembered. The room ( ground floor, sea view) was picturesque, ideal with patio, sun loungers and table and chairs. The pre dinner drinks in the relaxing bar were delightful, mainly due to Collette, the pianist who on request played my favourite piece `La Vie En Rose `plus many other soothing melodies. Dinner was also a delight , choosing from a varied menu both table d` hotel or a` la carte. The waiters and waitresses were impeccable, polite and attentive. The spa offered many treatments but the facials we had were both relaxing and we were left feeling invigorated by the relaxed, with amazing skin texture. This was a holiday to remember and we will return to this hotel in the very near future. Aaaahhh.

Room Tip: Ground floor , sea view rooms are spacious with sun loungers, table and chairs. Excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Linda

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the many positive comments that you have highlighted. The only thing that puzzles me is why we didn’t get the full five star review for your stay.

I hope that you have the chance to return to L’Horizon soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I wanted a last minute escape & location was determined on where we could get a flight to - jersey! We wanted a bit of luxury, nice food, spa and this seemed to tick all the boxes. We did a 3 night dinner, bed & breakfast deal & also some spa treatments.

We arrived early & were greeted by a very welcoming receptionist who let us check in super early (9:30am). The room was fine with a balcony (not sea view as they were over £100 more a night!). It's set on a stunning beach and we were lucky to get 3 days of sunshine and made the most of free sunbeds on the beach (which is a nice touch for hotel guests).

We dined at the fine dining restaurant on two of the nights (the waiters were lovely) & upgraded to the taster menu - the menu included in the package just wasn't as inspiring but think places do that on purpose! The food was delicious & inventive. On the 3rd night we felt like something less rich & got £32 towards food in the Atlantic restaurant which was very disappointing. The waiters were arguing, it had no ambiance and they charger £23 for a badly cooked tough steak with a small portion of wedges that didn't take a chef to make!- I had to pay more for a little basic salad! They also had a wedding there that night so the staff were a little frantic! My only other gripe is the price of the wine. I've noticed a few people mentioned that. You're a captive audience so stuck, there is a balance of making your money from customer drinks and making you customers feel like they are being ripped off!

We pre booked some treatments - I had a fantastic facial but very disappointed massage. Beauty therapist routine rather than someone who really has that magic massage touch. I booked deep tissue & ticked the firm box and it was a very gentle massage, I probably should have said something hut end up feeling awkward - it was very clear from my booking I wanted a deep tissue massage! It's an elemis spa so it's expensive too and they always to try and sell you products.

So all in all it was a lovely little get away break. Stunning location, clean, good food (not Atlantic). I would go back but wouldn't eat there every night. We'd definitely head to the crab shack along the beach for a bit of a change (and reasonably priced wine!).

To be fair we don't often stay in big hotels so not got a lot to compare it to - more of a guest house, quirky accommodation person.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank natraliam
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hi

Thank you for the review, 50% I am delighted with and the rest disappointed.

I am sorry that you experienced the issues in the Atlantic room and Spa wasn’t the Wow that both you and I hoped it would be. These things should not have occurred.

To help me further I would love the opportunity to discuss these issues further to give me a better understanding of what happened. I often ask this but rarely get a reply, so I hope that I am more fortunate on this occasion.

I am glad that there we were some aspects that you enjoyed, it is all meant to be like that.

I hope that we have the opportunity to speak soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful long weekend at the stylish L'Horizon Hotel in Jersey. We decided to go by ferry, which worked out perfectly, as the ferry was empty and we had a lovely luxury cabin for the children to sleep in, plus they loved the experience of being on a boat and
in a cabin. The hotel is a short journey from the ferry terminal, and we were blown away by our
beautiful hotel room overlooking the sea. The setting of L'horizon is magical and the rooms were
beautiful, luxurious and spotless. We had a gorgeous terrace overlooking the sea, where we
were able to have breakfast on outside every morning with the children. The hotel was very relaxing and the children slept very well. Although we ate out a lot, we also sampled the room service and Grill Restaurant, which were equally fantastic, as was the delicious home cooked breakfast. The swimming pool was lovely, although we felt a bit out of place with the children as many people were doing 'lengths'. The children loved spending time on the beach, which went on for miles when the tide was out. The beach is very bustly and there is a huge amount to watch from your balcony, a host of different activities going on. It was wonderful having an evening aperitif on our terrace whilst savouring the aroma of fresh barbecued prawns wafting upwards + the fresh smell of the sea, and gentle sea breeze. Jersey itself, was brilliant. We found it a very family friendly beautiful island with a great many attractions and delicious restaurants. We sampled Crab Shack, Oyster Box to name a few of the spectacular seafood restaurants in the area. The staff in the hotel were only too pleased to help out, and we can't wait to book again next year.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel overlooking the sea, with a balcony or terrace
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family