My family and I have been staying at this hotel for the last 20+ years so it would be an understatement to say that we love it. We're all keen travellers and rarely go back to the same place twice but L'Horizon is the exception. I've written several glowing reviews before so I won't be repetitive and it's great to see that some of the changes I've suggested in past reviews have actually been actioned.
Briefly, the sea view bedrooms are fab, the staff are wonderful (without exception) and the new spa is a delight. This year, we were on the dinner, bed and breakfast rate for a change and were happy with the quality of the food, especially as it also included a voucher for the Oyster Box, a favourite restaurant of ours. The hotel was also extremely accommodating in letting us occasionally swap our dinner for lunch instead, which we had on the terrace.
I have absolutely no criticism at all to make apart from one that has been constant throughout our 20 year stay: the lounge area is simply not big enough, especially on wet days or when there are conferences or weddings being held in the hotel. If only the room overlooking the sea (the one containing the computer) could be turned into a comfortable lounge area for folk who might prefer somewhere a little quieter to read? Whilst we were there, it was used for a wedding, a dining area and for a small conference of about 5 people who had the blinds closed on the sea view windows so that they could see their flip chart. Not really a welcoming, relaxing sight for hotel guests (too much of a reminder of what you're trying to escape when you come on holiday!) If new space could be found for the spa then pretty please, can a new space be found for your conference folk please so that hotel guests can spread out more on rainy days?!
Anyway, aside from that, all's right with the world and L'Horizon continues to be a wonderful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850 by George Hicks, a colonel in the Bengal Army, the building has an almost Mediterranean feel yet the hotel itself is unmistakably British. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and the view over golden sand and crystal clear waters. We believe in taking things easy here, with a strong focus on leisure: something we like to think we are good at! One of the highlights of the four star L'Horizon Beach Hotel is the new spa, which includes six treatment rooms, a relaxation area, pedicure and manicure area and sleep room. With 106 bedrooms and three restaurants, the hotel offers the ideal setting for an intimate break, a romantic wedding and (as it is just 10 minutes from Jersey airport) an inspiring meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, LateRooms, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Horizon Hotel And Spa
- Horizon Hotel Jersey l
- l Horizon Hotel St Brelade
- Lhorizon Hotel Jersey
- L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa Jersey/St. Brelade