“Superb!”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in St. Brelade
podstrana
“Superb!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Located in the bay with the sandy beach as long as your eyes can reach,L'Horizon Hotel & Spa is really place to enjoy. Staff is more than warm, helpful, smiling, doesn't matter how many guests are on the point of checking in or out. It is an well organized structure, which you can see at the first entering at the main doors. Even it was raining almost all the week, everything is very alive, and the Spa's beautiful. Buss connections to small villages nearby aren't needed if you like to foot a bit, you can find foot paths everywhere, and from the sea shore you can find yourself in the middle of the woods in no time at all. Also perfect for the surfers, kayaking activities. On the other hand the bus station is literary in front of the hotel, and the staff supplies you with an itinerary. Local people are so nice, that it's hard to belive. If you need any direction, they'll take you by the hand and lead you there-literary! You can spend all days long just admiring the scenery, despite the rain or clouds. Only minus is that the island is pretty expensive for almost everybody's pocket, so you should be very careful in choosing spots to eat, drink or buy souvenirs. I recommend the Pubs, local kitchen, good beers, affordable prices. Promenade of the L'Horizon is filled with the bars, restaurants, small shops, so you really can choose.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have just returned home from this fantastic hotel on a 4 night family break. This is the second time of visiting & hopefully won`t be the last.Upon arrival we were greeted by very courteous reception staff & taken to our room ( a sea view ). Open the door onto the balcony & chill - What a brilliant view !
The first evening we went to the Grill restaurant hoping to sample the delicous food at the buffet, only to be told this type of dining had finished last year. Initially we were very disappointed as that was one reason we came back to this hotel, but alas, we had no need to worry, the Matre De, Danny, put our minds at rest & he was not wrong. The food & presentation was superb !
Full credit to all staff who were all so friendly & hard working.
A fantastic hotel in a superb setting. We certainly could not ask for anything else. 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: The sea view is a must !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tractorman5
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Visited with my partner at the end of a May 2014, and everything about this hotel is superb, the food is first rate, the spa and pool is clean and exemplary, the rooms are of a very high quality, and cleaned very professionally every morning, normally while you are at Breakfast, the breakfast itself an experience a buffet with everything you could desire.
We have had a wonderful stay, helped by the receptionist taking the trouble to check us onto our return flight.
If I have one recommendation it is that if your are old codgers, like my partner and I do not visit in the School holidays, I took the trouble to upgrade my room twice before I arrived and unfortunately ended up next to a family room, the children and the parents had a couple of screaming fits, not enough to complain, but enough to ruin our afternoon siesta.
I would rate this hotel as excellent, and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roydw1944
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

L'Horizon came highly recommended, when I needed to book one night's accommodation, in Jersey, for business. It ticked all the boxes, after a long day of early flights and meetings. Check in was pleasant and I was given a quick tour.
My room wasn't sea view, I can't see my company paying for this (it's hard to argue the business case for it!!), but I will try for an upgrade each time I come back, as the views from the beech side of the hotel are breathtaking. Still, my room was pleasant, with plenty of space to both work and relax in, nice bathroom and all the amenities you would want. Little touches like fresh milk were appreciated. As was the turndown service; with a complimentary news letter and coffee/tea/biscuits/water all fully replenished.
I visited the spa soon after arrival for a swim and sauna. A new spa is set to open, but I found the existing facilities to be very pleasant. Particularly enjoying the view of the beech from the jacuzzi. I visited the gym in the morning and found everything I needed.
Grabbing a pre-dinner drink, I sat out in the terrace and watched the sun set. Then went into the bar and enjoyed listening to a lovely lady taking requests on the grand piano. A really pleasant and relaxing break from a busy work trip!
Food was of a good standard, both at dinner and breakfast. Staff were excellent throughout. The rate for one night single business traveller in April represented excellent value, too. I wouldn't hesitate to book again for regular business trips or to stay here for a weekend break. Recommended!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank king_of_muffins
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had managed to find this hotel when we booked through Condor Ferries and after looking at the reviews on here we decided to go ahead. We had a deal to get a upgraded executive sea view room.

When we arrived the check in was nice and smooth and received a welcome letter from the hotel. The porter then showed us around the bar, restaurant and spa area before taking us to our room. We were so pleased we had the upgraded room as the view was amazing. Just pure beach and sea spread out before us. The room itself was fabulous. The bed was big and very comfy. The bathroom was very large with plenty of space to place all our stuff since we were there for a week.

The nice touches was a fresh pint of milk in the fridge. A teapot if we wanted a pot of tea. The turn down service meant we were getting the tea tray topped up and if we had a shower in the afternoon we got fresh towels. They would also leave a news letter with some useful information such as the tide times, weather and offers. They were in the process of repainting the balconies but they left you a note to say what times this would be so not to disturb you.

Although the spa area was going through a refresh (which we had an email from the hotel before arriving advising us of this) they kept the area clean and hassle free when we went down to use the pool. The pool was fab and whatever time of day we went down there was only a handful of people there. The view from the jacuzzi is amazing. I would have loved to have seen the new spa as the plans for this looked gorgeous. I did decided to treat myself to a facial whilst we were there. The girls from the spa couldn't be more helpful and the treatment itself was out of this world. I felt so lovely and relaxed.

The breakfast was a good choice with a large continental or cooked buffet choice. With some items cooked to order. My husband had the eggs Benedict a couple of times as he enjoyed it so much. This is where we do have a complaint of the whole hotel and its only minor. On a couple of mornings when we went to breakfast and we were shown our seats and were advised a waitress would be with us shortly to take our coffee, tea and toast order they never materialised even when we sat with some breakfast. I had to ask a waitress to get us some coffee and this would take a while.

We had afternoon tea one day on the terrace which was fantastic the cakes were divine. We also ate in the Grill Room on our last evening as they were doing a special deal 2 courses for £25. The service and the food were faultless.

The only other complaint of the hotel is that the rooms are amazing but they are very warm so we did sleep with the balcony door open which was nice hearing the sea however as a quality hotel I would expect air conditioning.
Both my husband and I have said we would return to this hotel. And we would want a sea view again.

Room Tip: Get a Seaview Room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Claire W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Upon arrival I upgraded to a beach facing room. I can see how amazing it would be in the summer. Terrace, deck chairs and outdoor table on the ground floor beach facing room. If I go back I'm asking for one of those rooms.

The hotel is rather dated. Not in a classic way but just 'it hasn't been done up since the 80's' way. I guess it's alright if you'll be out and about a lot.

The staff members are great. Made for a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor beach facing room. SO WORTH THE VIEW ALONE
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TannyaN
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd holiday to Jersey but the first time we stayed at L'Horizon....now where do we start??
From the moment we arrived the staff gave a very warm welcome and we're extremely friendly and informative.
We were shown around the hotel by Tony (a porter) who quickly became a friendly face throughout our stay, he gave me cycle routes on the island and showed interest in where I had ridden - a top guy!!!

We were blown away by the views from the hotel, you really can't get any closer to the beach, our room was spectacular, would certainly recommend a room with a sea view/ sun terrace, we made the most of the amazing weather we were lucky enough to have.

The layout of the hotel really captures the view from the spa, all the restaurants, the bar/ lounge and of course the terrace (open subject to weather) .

Prior to our stay we read a few reviews that mentioned the prices of the alcoholic drinks being slightly over priced, however we found them to be very much inline with other bars/ restaurants we have been too both in Jersey and at home. The cocktails are AMAZING, and the bar staff very professional and friendly, in particular Chris-thank you for everything!

Every morning breakfast was perfect, huge variety of continental, and cooked breakfast, with also a small selection to order. Particularly loved the Jersey yoghurts! Emily, one of the waitresses greeted us every morning we were there, always working hard, with an infectious smile (I'm sure she did have a day off whilst we were there).

The bed was really comfy- missing it now we are home!!
The room was very clean upon arrival and kept very well throughout our stay by house keeping. Love the fact you get fresh Jersey milk in the room. Our one and only slightly negative point about our whole stay is the shower curtain in the bathroom instead of a shower screen, I'm sure many people wouldn't be worried by a shower curtain but as a personnel preference we really dislike them.

We were enjoying our holiday so much we even ended up extending our stay by 2 nights!

They are doing a lot of maintenance work to the hotel and Spa, the plans for the Spa look incredible. We were always notified of any work/ noise taking place during our stay.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and cannot recommended this hotel enough, we are already planning our next stay -so without a doubt we will be back!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 32 in St. Helier
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#5 of 32 in St. Helier

Been to L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!