“Wow ... Perfect”

L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in St. Brelade
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from fab stay at this amazing Hotel. Can not fault a single thing.
Room overlooking the sea was paradise.
The breakfast delightful.
The staff from all nationalities were friendly, polite, discreet and a credit to the management.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: The sea facing rooms worth the extra.
1  Thank cccherri
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Cherri

Thank you for the review, great to see that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for the positive comments about the team, I think that their manners come mostly from their parents we just try and chose the right ones.

I like the description of “Room overlooking the sea was paradise” I might use that myself.

Great to see you enjoyed breakfast we have been trying hard to achieve some consistency there, that comment might be tempting fate.

There are newer reviews for L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our first trip to Jersey and we could not have chosen a better hotel! On arrival we were shown around the hotel by a delightful member of staff who was extremely polite and informative. Then we we taken to our room which was a very good size with all amenities and with the most fantastic view overlooking the beach. The food was excellent whether in one of the restaurants or for a casual snack in the piano lounge. We were also entertained nightly by a wonderful pianist who was also very professional and friendly. We did visit other parts of the island however, we looked forward to returning to St.Brelades for its tranquility and to sit on our balcony just taking in
the breathtaking views. We visited the War Tunnels which is a must for all new visitors to the
island - I learnt so much about the history of Jersey of which I knew very little of. Our whole visit
was a positive experience of which we do intend to repeat in the future. Our appreciation to all the staff at the L'Horizon who work so very hard to ensure that their guests have a wonderful time. Well done!!

Room Tip: Definitely one overlooking the beach!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Essex51

Hi

Thank you for the review, why did it take you so long to find Jersey?

Thank you for the comment about the team member that took you to your room, not sure who it is so if you have any more information let us know and we will reward them. Also the mention for Collette our pianist who has been with the hotel for years. The team do work hard and it means a lot when people appreciate that.

Jersey isn’t a manic place, but I understand what you mean about the tranquillity of the bay, people often hire a car when they stay with us and only use it to get here from the airport, no need to leave.

The War Tunnels are great and have evolved considerably over the years, they give you a real feeling as to what it must have been like during the occupation.

We hope you have the chance to return and relax soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

First visit to Jersey and certainly picked the best place to stay, lovely staff, extremely helpful. Amazing views from the beach side rooms.Our room was a good size and extremely clean. We had a great weekend here and would certainly return.

Room Tip: A room with an ocean view
2  Thank Sue F
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hi Sue

Great to see that you enjoyed the island as newcomer, it’s a beautiful place to be. Thank you for the positive comments and we hope that you have the chance to return soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent a week at the L'Horizon in June. The location and the view was absolutely amazing. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was very kind and helpful especially Declan one of the server. We had beautiful weather and sunshine. There's nothing better than walk in the sandy beach after breakfast and finish your day with an evening walk also on the beach. We had lunch many times at the Terrace Restaurant which was on the beach. I also tried the SPA and massage and I can truly recommend that as well.
They had different very good wines therefore we tried some of it and we were absolutely satisfied with it.
I will definitely come back to the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Rose

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for the mentioning the team and we shall ensure that Declan is rewarded for his personal mention.

It was great to see that you enjoyed the Spa and the meals that you had in the hotel. Great weather is a benefit anywhere when you are on holiday but the beach is a wonderful place in the morning sunshine.

Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visited this hotel as part of a mini / anniversary break for both my wife and i. A great hotel and location and was fairly quiet for this time of the year. It was well worth paying the bit extra for a sea view and patio for our room although the only downside was there was no air conditioning. The staff were very good ( be it a little slow to bring us some extra milk for our room) but most certainly made up for it by leaving us a bottle of wine and an anniversary card in our room which was a nice gesture. The facilities overall were very good with a smallish gym but a nice indoor pool . The food whilst not cheap was very nice and plenty of variety at breakfast. A very relaxing few days and I would most certainly consider returning.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room with a sea view ideally with A/C. Having your own patio with sun beds a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hi

Thank you for the review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in with us and pleased that you took the opportunity to upgrade to a sea view, the view which I haven’t mentioned for a while is fantastic.

I am sorry we were a little slow with milk to your room and hope that did not deter from the enjoyment of your stay. We do have some rooms that are air conditioned but unfortunately not all of them.

We hope that you have the opportunity to come back and see us soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Me and my family came in April 2013, we go on average 3 times every year,we have been coming for years and we know most of the staff very well. In April, everything was brilliant the food,service and the room, 2 days into the stay we changed rooms has part of my family wanted to, we changed rooms within 2 hours which was great! On the last night, we had a problem with the food, the portions were to small but it got resolved has we got our money back,the staff were very apologetic and were hoping to see us back in August and hoped that this didnt put us off which it didnt,overall the april holiday was amazing theres lots to do, we didnt however go in the spa but we have done in previous holidays.We have been trying to book for August but we cant get in at all, we barely had any help and cant seem to get in at all over a 6 week period!We have never missed an August holiday but it seems that this year were going to have to which is very disappointing

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChloeXoX

Dear Chloe

I hope that you and the family are well and thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for the comments and constructive criticism regarding your stay in April, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but regret that there were issues with the meal on the last night. It is good that it was resolved but it shouldn’t have happened in the first place, so I apologise about that.

I am sorry that you struggled to make the booking in August, on a positive point the hotel is exceptionally busy. I know that we have now managed to resolve this and I have spoken with a member of your family to confirm that.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in August, hopefully you will give us more stars for that visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a fantastic location! The hotel was absolutely superb - I loved our room, the staff were brilliant (if a little slow at the bar!) and the hotel were generally very good to us (I was there as part of a wedding party). I would love to go again just for a relaxing weekend. Loved the breakfasts - slightly disappointed with the food at the wedding dinner though, I was the only person to order the 'vegetarian' option of pasta - although I'm not veggie, I just didn't fancy the meat-and-potatoes choice - and although it will have been the cheapest meal to produce, it was an unbelievably small portion, even compared to my fellow diners. Tasted good, lasted about a minute. My suggestion would be rather than serving one ravioli, serve 3. It's not a massive amount but would certainly have been more satisfying! Anyway, despite that slight disappointment, everything else was first rate, especially the service. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor

I am pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff.

I am sorry that there were delays in the bar and that we could have offered a more adequate portion for your meal at the wedding, I have brought those two points to the attention of the areas concerned and will be following it up with them.

However, I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

General Manager.

#6 of 32 in St. Helier
Longueville Manor
Longueville Manor
#1 of 5 in St.Saviour

Been to L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!