“Spa day out with Kathy...”

L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in St. Brelade
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Spa day out with Kathy...”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Thank you to Danielle for your warm welcome and introduction to the facilities. Friendly, yet professional. For promptly informing us that due to illness, the joint massages would need to be fractured and readily accommodating me to slot in another appointment, good service.

Danielle intervened when we highlighted our perception of the pamper treat we had booked and paid for.

Deomelia (the manager) was most helpful, supportively listened and intervened to ensure we enjoyed our day to the fullest with a delicious meal.

Jamie who was so accommodating, seated us overlooking the bay. Stunning views plus tasty food with great service...

Thank you all for making this day special, accommodating us and inducing a relaxing sense of wellbeing. So much so, that, I am looking forward to my massage soon and will be spreading the word at work.

Kathy was hugely complimentary of her massage by Laura.

The facillities were clean, however it has been the excellent service by your staff that has made this experience all the more worthwhile...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Salo D
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review the spa, most of our reviews are for the hotel, it’s great to have the feedback for the spa on it’s own.

Thank you for noting everyone’s name, it is lovely that have mentioned them in person, we share the feedback with them all and they are rewarded for being named in correspondence from our guests

We hope that you have the opportunity to come back soon and use the facilities again.

Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just spent a wonderful weekend here with my 6 year old daughter. We had a room and balcony over looking the bay - it was just stunning. My daughter loved the swimming pool and the service was very nice. Whilst the rooms are modern and well specced, the hotel is offers old fashioned luxury - though a little ragged round the edges in winter when they are short staffed. The wifi requires a booster in the room (and I still couldn't get it to work). The restaurant doesn't offer as much seafood as you might expect and I would recommend eating at the Crab Shack a short walk down the bay instead - unless "fine dining" is more your cuppa. ..

Room Tip: Definitely get a balcony overlooking the sea or you will miss a treat
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mamabeachy
MartinKelly, General Manager at L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi

Thank you for the review.

Clearly there were a couple of things that we could have improved upon. We are always investing in our hotel and the winter is the time we do the most which we are doing now. We are also looking to have yet more free wifi fitted in the hotel.
It is a great location and as you have said the sea view rooms are a must.

We hoped to have the chance to welcome you and your daughter back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

South Wales
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel on this particular trip, but ate in the bar each evening and found the food and service to be exceptional. Alina on the bar was very efficient and friendly especially assisting with our children's needs. The food was promptly served, a good choice of menu, tasty and freshly cooked. The entertainment on the piano was a welcome touch from a lovely lady called Collette. We would certainly eat there again. The hotel also seemed busy with residents and other diners - always a good sign out of season!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cwmbran2
Hi

Thank you for the review, I believe that you mentioned this to me in an email. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal in the bar, we have passed on your comments to Alina for which she is delighted.

We are busy this winter with many of the guests being from Jersey, but even if you live in Jersey it’s still a great place to have a holiday.

Thank you again for the review and we will see you again soon

St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Must by far be one of the most relaxing places to stay. Made to feel welcome from the very start of our stay which we booked at the very last minute- so thanks for the fitting us in! We got a damn good price although probably more to the time of year.

We enjoyed the Valentines Dinner Special, noted some reviews that talk about the price of wine here but I have to tell you all that it seems to be a Jersey thing as the oyster Box charged me £13 for one glass of red, so £24 for a half bottle of red doesn't feel too bad.

So what has his hotel got going for it? Some old world charm, pleasant staff with a smile on their face and providing excellent service, great food, comfortable beds, great spa facilities-what more could you want? If you get a sea view then that's even better, we had one on our first visit and the room also had a large balcony, this time due to a rugby dinner we had an inner room, although this was just as equally well presented.

We found breakfast offered a great choice contrary to some reviews, heck I really don't know what planet some people are on and their reviews, just what are you guys wanting? Gold flaked griffon eggs? Anyway you can order a wide range of extras or have it brought to you in bed. I can recommend the porridge and my boiled eggs were spot on.

Great value for money across the board!

For anyone planning an event I happened to note that you can have the hotel for five grand over the winter period, now that looks like a great deal, not sure of that includes food and wine perhaps someone could expand on that?

Room Tip: Get the sea view! Even if you don't all rooms are equally comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thorpey1968
Hi

Thank you for the review of L’Horizon, we should employ you in a our marketing department.
You are right regarding the price at the right times of the year, there are some fantastic deals. They are all listed on our Hand Picked Hotels website, unfortunately I am not allowed to link it on here.

I cannot lie; the wine is not inexpensive, but hey it’s good wine and there is no better place to drink a glass of wine while watching the sun go down here.

Thank you for your comments about the team, their friendliness is becoming legendary, and we always reward them when they are mentioned.

Thank you also for the heads up about the exclusive use fo the hotel, you are quite right for as little £5,000 you can have 60 rooms bed and breakfast, for an exclusive wedding or party or whatever you want.

As you are just across the water we hope to see you again soon.

Manchester
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked for 2 nights after getting a good price on booking.com. I was on business and had stayed in St Helier (at the Inn - very disappointing) before, but fancied a change especially as Jersey is small and easy to get about, and the hotels in St Helier (Yacht, Radisson) are very expensive. The hotel is located about 10 minutes drive from the airport, in the stunning St Brelade's Bay. Even in deepest January you could tell it would be stunning in summer. The hotel is very well-presented, and staff very knowledgeable and helpful, e.g. advising about parking in St Helier (you need to buy a parking booklet). I think the hotel was not full due to the time of year, so they gave me a sea-view room, with a small balcony, overlooking the bay (one of the staff told me it was voted 2nd best beach in the British Isles). It was extremely nicely furnished, and the bed was very comfortable. Definitely somewhere I would love to come on holiday (I checked and in August it is £250 per night). I ate in the hotel both nights, in the bar. Food was very good, and reasonably priced. They had to bring a wireless router to my room in order for me to use my laptop and get an internet connection.This was all done swiftly and efficiently. Breakfast was nice and well-presented. All in all I have no criticisms about this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone. I would definitely stay here next time I come to Jersey.

Room Tip: Try for a sea-view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank PhilExport
Hi

Thank you for the review of L’Horizon.

It’s great that you found us out in the beautiful St Brelade’s Bay, I think that there are many lovely hotels in St Helier but if you are coming to Jersey you need the beach and there is nowhere better than here. As you said it was voted recently as the second best beach in the British Isles after Bournemouth on Tripadvisor. Although it is very different in the winter I believe that there is nothing more inspiring than an empty beautiful beach.

I know that you have mentioned the prices in the summer and it all depends on how early you can book to get those great offers.

Thank you for your kind comments about the team and the facilities.

I hope you have the chance to come back and stay with us again soon.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just off the west coast of St Brelade's Bay, this hotel has some really nice scenery. My boyfriend, myself and two other couples stayed here for New Year's Eve. The rooms were modern and had pleasant decor and plenty of space, even for Jersey. Dinner was included in our stay and they catered to my vegetarian palate as well as the meat lovers on the table. The room was comfortable and the next morning we had a buffet breakfast which also had a pretty good selection of foods. The hotel staff were lovely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank malkotigarche
Thank you for taking the time to review L’Horizon

I am really pleased that you enjoyed New Year at the hotel. Thank you for your comments about the food and the team.

As you live in Jersey we hope to see you again soon.

Grouville Jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed overnight with friends. The evening meal was outstanding and the room which had a sea view to die for was excellent. The hotel also had a indoor pool with sauna, steam room and a hot tub. Towels were provided.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view. Well worth it even in the winter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mikeoldham
Thank you for the great review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and yes the “sea view is to die for”

We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Brelade
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
#6 of 32 in St. Helier
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

Been to L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!