I had to stay overnight during a business trip to the island, and selected this hotel as a colleague had stayed here once before.
I was greeted at reception by a very friendly receptionist who had all of my details quickly to hand and explained everything for me. The bell-boy helped take my case to the room and described the facilities on the way up.
The room was very comfortable and spacious, with a simple to use heating/cooling system which worked well. The hot water was indeed hot and instantly available. The shower was a little weak, but did the job perfectly.
There was no WiFi signal in the room, but there was a network point provided and a cable in the top drawer of the desk. There was a large screen TV, with a connection point just underneath so if you wnated to connect your laptop in and play a video from that there was no problem. There was also a DVD player in the room, and a large list of DVD titles that you could rent from reception if required.
I had a simple meal in the Grill restaurant, which I thought was a little pricy, but the food was excellent and the service was very good. I guess you get what you pay for, and the quality of the food was high.
I arrived on a very foggy day, and could not see the view out of the rear of the Hotel, but next morning I could see that the view of the bay was excellent. I guess in summer it is really nice to sit outside and watch the world. The indoor pool at the Spa looks inviting too, but I did not come prepared so could not try it.
Breakfast was very tasty, and again of a very high standard.
So, in short it was a pleasant stay in the hotel and I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850 by George Hicks, a colonel in the Bengal Army, the building has an almost Mediterranean feel yet the hotel itself is unmistakably British. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and the view over golden sand and crystal clear waters. We believe in taking things easy here, with a strong focus on leisure: something we like to think we are good at! One of the highlights of the four star L'Horizon Beach Hotel is the new spa, which includes six treatment rooms, a relaxation area, pedicure and manicure area and sleep room. With 106 bedrooms and three restaurants, the hotel offers the ideal setting for an intimate break, a romantic wedding and (as it is just 10 minutes from Jersey airport) an inspiring meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Horizon Hotel And Spa
- Horizon Hotel Jersey l
- l Horizon Hotel St Brelade
- Lhorizon Hotel Jersey
- L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa Jersey/St. Brelade